WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default UL Black Hawk 1-2 person 680gm / 24oz / 1.5lb.- $78-$100 ???

I found this little number on Aliexprerss UL Black Hawk 1-2 person tent, 680gm / 24oz / 1.5lb.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black...686424224.html

Attachment 29856 Attachment 29857 Attachment 29858 Attachment 29859

Looks interesting... It can be found from various sellers ranging from $78-$100 including shipping.
    It comes in Army Green, Khaki & Orange

Specifications:Two layer ultra-light weight tent, suitable for 1-2 persons

Outside tent: 15 D siliconized nylon,waterproof index PU 1500mm
    Inside tent : 20 D siliconized nylon of the bottom,waterproof index PU 3000mm
    Color: army green, khaki, orange
    Size: 200*130*80*105 cm /78.8*51.22*31.52*41.37 inch (length*front width*back width*height)
    Package : 7 pieces tent tail,2 pieces waterproof rope,1 storage bag
    Net weight : about 0.78 kg (the orange one is a little more weight)

What are your thoughts on this tent? From the available information it looks pretty nice.

I ordered it last week and will provide first impressions/ specs when i get it and once I field test it. The aliexpress tents came up in th forums a couple of weeks ago but different models. I found this one and ordered Instead.

Looks a little short compared to most offerings out there at 78 inches long, but that is probably fine for all but tall hikers. Other than that it looks impossibly good for the money and weight. I can only assume they took a huge short cut on materials or construction or both, but would not mind being proved wrong. At 78 bucks looks like a nice thing to have for a loaner or beater if it is remotely decent.

ETA: Sirsnappy please post some kind of review once you have played with it. Even a 2 sentence one would be nice

I will for sure.

Photos are in the first post by the op.

Okay, yes. More photos. Bigger photos.

What's the rear height? I'm thinking it may be really low back there.

Just don't forget the old saying 'You get what you pay for' still holds true the majority of the time.

I'm not expecting much. I'm actually gonna take one of my tarps when I field test it just in case. We shall see. I'm not sold on the fact that everything has to be super we expensive or high end to be decent and provide you with a quality time outdoors. I have a lot of cheap gear that has knocked off plenty of trails with me. My 09 at through and 2011 and 2013 jmt thrus were done with almost all diy gear . I had no issues with Either and a lot is still with me today being used. It's nice to talk about high end gear but it doesn't get you there.. like I said I don't expect much and that way may be surprised.

I am interested in your comments, when you have it.

The outer is 15D 12 oz. without tieouts and stakes.

The inner sets up separately, like a "nest".

If the specs are correct you will not be able to put two std (20x72) mats inside without overlapping at the end.
    looks short to me for anyone over 5'8".

Journal Entries

I recall that a 67 yr old grandmother hiked the trail with a shower curtain.

three times.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    I recall that a 67 yr old grandmother hiked the trail with a shower curtain.

three times.
    And no shame about knocking on your door and asking for lodging. Dirty vagabond.

She also only did it once when she was 67... =D

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnappy09 View Post
    I'm not expecting much. I'm actually gonna take one of my tarps when I field test it just in case. We shall see. I'm not sold on the fact that everything has to be super we expensive or high end to be decent and provide you with a quality time outdoors. I have a lot of cheap gear that has knocked off plenty of trails with me. My 09 at through and 2011 and 2013 jmt thrus were done with almost all diy gear . I had no issues with Either and a lot is still with me today being used. It's nice to talk about high end gear but it doesn't get you there.. like I said I don't expect much and that way may be surprised.
    I didn't exactly mean it that way. I trust aliexpress about as much as I trust alibaba. I'm not against cheap, cheap can be great, but I'm against cheap from certain sources.

Oh and kinda off topic but is Aliexpress and Alibaba connected? or is the 'Ali' just throwing me off?

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    And no shame about knocking on your door and asking for lodging. Dirty vagabond.

She also only did it once when she was 67... =D
    yeah. the second time she was 72, and the last time 75, but that one was sections.

Frye
    Yes Alibaba and Aliexpress are part of the same group of companies.
    http://service.alibaba.com/buyer/faq...l/12320786.htm

Actually, encouraging going into business.

If you want to have a business, they have suppliers at wholesale.

No problem Frye. I didn't take offense or anything. Just saying.

++ New Posts ++