WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana Any osprey exos 58 owners out there?

I recently purchased an Osprey EXOS 58 pack to replace my REI Cruise UL 60 pack (which have I posted for sale).

The EXOS 58 is the lightest of the Osprey packs suitable for week-long trips. It is the most comfortable light framed pack I've found - and I've tried a lot.

Any other backpackers here own one?

Yeah it's mentioned pretty frequently on here. It wasn't for me due to some sizing and feel concerns but I've heard enough good to believe it's a solid pack for most.

I recently bought the Exos 48. I've taken it on a couple of overnight trips and it is very comfortable. Just started hiking again after many years so nothing to compare it to. I believe it will do me well for weekend trips and up to a 5 day trip if I can ever plan one.

Registered User Kaptain Kangaroo's Avatar
    Images

I've got an Exos 58 and love it. Not the lightest pack around, but it is very comfortable and has all the 'luxury' items I like on a pack eg. hip belt pockets, a proper lid.... it is well made & not so delicate it can't handle some reasonably rough terrain or off-track walking.

Depending on your great selection, you could pack for a week in the summer with one of the two smaller versions as well. No matter what you choose, they're solid packs at a reasonable price and great weight.

Got the 48 last spring. Put several hikes on it this past season. Very comfortable and lightweight. I owned an old Atmos 50 since 2005. The Exos 48 is way lighter and the fit is more comfortable for me. I've always loved the Osprey packs. This is my third.

Had the older 46 and 58, and sold them after buying the new 38.
    Now I have the new 58, too

I have an Exos 58 and love it. As stated not the lightest but very comfortable for me. I really like the ventilated back. For summer, I typically remove the top panel. It is a popular pack for thru hikers.

I have the 58 and love it also! It cut my pack weight by almost 2 lbs from my old Jansport I had. My only gripe, and its a small one, is with the hip belt buckles. They are pretty small and seem to loosen up over time, however, I was able to lighten my pack by so much that it doesn't really matter. I actually think they changed these on the newer models. I need to get my son one next!

Hey guys, thought I'd throw this in here, since people searching for Exos might see it.
    The new blue looks a lot better in person than online, IMO.
    Had ordered the black on sale for ~$175, but the dealer ran out and asked if I'd take a blue one, so I decided to give it a chance.
    I really like the blue, and took a few pics this week since it was the first time I've used it.

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

I've got the black and green from last year. Had the original as well...this is a huge upgrade in comfort in my opinion. Averaged over 20 a day for my section last summer through Shenandoah...this pack was a huge part of that.
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Can anyone tell me what the new 58 weighs without the lid?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Bear View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the new 58 weighs without the lid?
    Mine is 39.97 ounces. Bought it a couple weeks ago so it should be the most recent version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    Mine is 39.97 ounces. Bought it a couple weeks ago so it should be the most recent version.
    Is that without the lid?

Without the lid, in large size.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    Without the lid, in large size.
    Thank you. Its a pack that defiantly on my radar. I was hoping it was littler liter without the lid though. REI has it listed as 2 lbs 8 oz with the lid.

In this case, the manufacturer was actually right on the dot with the weight, their site lists 2 lb 12 oz. (44 ounces). The lid weighs 4 ounces = 40 oz without lid.

http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/produc...specifications

I own the Exos 58 in Green and Black. Also have the Atmos 65 in Blue. Osprey makes great backpacks! I love mine! Leaning towards the Exos 58 for my 2016 thru hike!

Life is full of ups and downs! Hike on!

Atmos 65 owner

...most comfortable pack I've tried.

Mine seems to be pretty comfortable, but that's only with it loaded up on walks around my neighorborhood.

The one thing I don't like is the shoulder straps – or more exactly how they're a U-shape where they attach to the pack (instead of each individual strap attaching to the pack by itself on either side). The middle of that "U" likes to stab my neck. Still have to dial it down, and if I let the pack lean back a little bit it's fine (but I kinda like the pack nice and secure to my back). I'll have to see how it does up and down hills in a real hiking scenario before I make my final opinion.

++ New Posts ++