WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

They may just be closed for the season.

Didn't HH get sold fairly recently? The original couple that owned it and expanded it were great people and their crew was too. I heard he was moving on to other things...but I could be wrong...

You can friend HH on FB to keep up to date. I don't really do FB, so that's why I am not certain about the ownership change...

HH has put a LOT of money behind their trademark and they have every right, especially right next door, to enforce the prohibition on its unpermitted use. Especially since HH believes it was no honest mistake and was designed to confuse and steal business. Yeah, if you use somebody's trademarked name to market your business, the business you get from that is stolen business, plain and simple. If you hold your business open to the public, but you infringe on trademarks or copyrights, expect a video of your store to show up at your lawyer's office. Just sayin...

I've stayed at both. I you're just looking for a bunk with absolutely no frills and an "alcohol welcome" policy, then the Wolf Pen is fine. However, if you're looking for the same quality accommodation as the Hiker Hostel, then don't even consider Wolf Pen. It costs more than the Hiker Hostel and offers a basic wooden bunk, a toilet and shower, and no breakfast.

I can't actually recommend it, and I certainly would not stay there again, but for some it's apparently fine.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++