WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default WTB 30 or 40 degree top quilt

I'm looking for a 30 or 40 degree top quilt. Max budget is $150.
    "Truth is anything you can convince someone else to believe" - Me

Still looking.

Bumping for hope of getting an offer

I could possibly make you a synthetic one for around that price.
    Otherwise 30* worth of down is probably about the entirety of your budget- A pound of 800 fill down is about $120 alone.

But sorta bumping for you, lol.
    Otherwise I got this one left...
    Marmot Peregrine regular size- 725 fill 15*** down-($300+new) $150 shipped. Great early season AT bag!
    Women's regular, 725 goose down fill, 3lbs .75 ounces. Purple/black with draft collars and full zip.
    In good shape except for two patched holes- a few too many cowboy camping winter trips by the fire.
    *** Women's bags are typically 5-10* warmer than rated for the average male, YMMV.
    Close- http://www.rei.com/product/864083/ma...mens#tab-specs

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    I could possibly make you a synthetic one for around that price.
    Otherwise 30* worth of down is probably about the entirety of your budget- A pound of 800 fill down is about $120 alone.

But sorta bumping for you, lol.
    Otherwise I got this one left...
    Marmot Peregrine regular size- 725 fill 15*** down-($300+new) $150 shipped. Great early season AT bag!
    Women's regular, 725 goose down fill, 3lbs .75 ounces. Purple/black with draft collars and full zip.
    In good shape except for two patched holes- a few too many cowboy camping winter trips by the fire.
    *** Women's bags are typically 5-10* warmer than rated for the average male, YMMV.
    Close- http://www.rei.com/product/864083/ma...mens#tab-specs
    I saw where you were involved in a pretty lengthy discussion on primaloft gold and other synthetics. What would you suggest if going with the synthetic material for a TQ.

Helium Hiking Equipment (I think that's the company name) sells a synthetic top quilt rated at 40 for 120 bucks. I paid for one yesterday in fact, I've never actually seen one of his pieces in person, but I've heard a few good things about the company. I think he has another one rated at 40 made from a different synthetic insulation for a little less. The one I bought is supposed to come out around 14oz, and is made with .67 argon. Not bad for the price paid. (Free shipping too!)

You probably won't find a 40 down quilt under a buckfifty unless someone is selling a used one for well below value.

Good luck.

++ New Posts ++