WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default what is the easiest section of the at to hike with your dog.

My hubby and I are planning on hiking about a 100 mile section of the AT in September. I would like to take our German shepherd who will be about 14 months old along with us. He is very well trained and both his trainer and his vet feel he is capable of hiking that far with us. I was wondering what would be the easiest section of the trail to hike with him. Some where that is easy to resupply his food and maybe a pet friendly hostel or motel/cabin would be nice also. I would appreciate any advise. Thanks so much.

North Carolina, north of the Smokies. The trail there is mostly a dirt path which is easy on the dogs feet. Georgia would be okay too and would have more frequent resupply options. Once you start getting in to Virginia the trail becomes more constantly rocky which can be hard on a dogs paws.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Springer to Fontana dam isn't to tough for a dog....my lil jrt has done most of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from "Harpers Ferry North to the PA state line" which is mostly sandy and is the easiest part of the AT for either humans or dogs.

++ New Posts ++