WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hike From I40 to Hot Springs

I originally hiked this 6 years ago. I was going to do it during the summer BUT I am doing it Tuesday. When I hiked it, we hiked along Green Corner Road toward Standing Bear Hostel. The trail was on the right before the Hostel. Guthook and Google show the trail continuing straight off the overpass and paralleling Green Corner Road, crossing Green Corner Road where we hooked up with it 6 years ago. Did I miss the trail continuing right off the overpass? Right now I plan to follow Green Corner Road and then look for the hard right where the trail crosses it. Is there a blaze staring me in the face at the I40 overpass??

Thanks!

Guthooks is correct. The trail only follows the road for a short distance beyond the I-40 underpass. It then goes up a set of stone steps and back into the woods for about eight-tenths of a mile before returning to Green Corner Road. From there you again walk the road a short distance to where the trail picks up again, which will be on your left. For this part, you’re walking away from Standing Bear.

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

From I40 - Walk up Green Corner. As the road starts to bend to the right, the AT is right there on the left. There is Google StreetView off it. https://www.google.com/maps/@35.7833...7i13312!8i6656

Come down steps just in view of Standing Bear.

But the AT doubles back down Green Corner Rd. Google Maps lists the AT has Waterville School Rd.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

++ New Posts ++