WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default mikro spikes and hostels

I passed the smokies. Shuold I keep my micro spikes with me or send them home?
    About hostels: I arrive alone to a hostel and want to share a room with other hiker. There are more hikers but don't know witch room to ask them. Is there a way to team up and find each other?

Thanks Stretch

We never needed our microspikes after the Smokies but you're running a couple of weeks earlier than we were.

I'd probably send them home.

Mention your desire to split hotel rooms with lots of folks if you want to find people who'll share the cost. It's just like finding lost dog in that the more people who know about your need the greater chance you'll get it met.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkintom View Post
    We never needed our microspikes after the Smokies but you're running a couple of weeks earlier than we were.

I'd probably send them home.

Mention your desire to split hotel rooms with lots of folks if you want to find people who'll share the cost. It's just like finding lost dog in that the more people who know about your need the greater chance you'll get it met.
    Thanks and I'll keep that in mind.
    Sleeping tonight at Standing Bear Hostel.

good night

Stretch ☺

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

You are passed the worst of the ICE. There is always 1-2 possible snowfalls in March/April.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

It's always possible, but at least in VA the forecast looks good for the next 10 days. By the end of that, snow and ice become pretty unlikely. I made it through Mt. Rogers last week which had significant ice on Friday without spikes. They would have been helpful, but not essential. You're unlikely to encounter anything close to that bad from this point forward. I'd dump them.

++ New Posts ++