Hello, I didn't see a post like this so I figured I'd pose my question. I may have a bit of a stalker issue when I leave for the trail.

There is someone from my past that knows I am doing the trail, I can't be certain he knows my exact leave date - but I assume he might. He has the potential to be a threat towards me. He has done a good majority of the AT and knows the trail pretty well. I know a lot of people will be on the trail at once, safety in numbers, but I am still nervous that he could follow/find me via the trail journals, my blog, social media, word of mouth (and find me alone or get me alone). I've started thinking about things I could do to be safe. But I am curious, how possible is it really for someone to find a thru-hiker? To know where they'll be at? And besides the obvious, posting different locations and dates on my blog and mixing up my leave date, anyone have advice on things I can do? And the big question - should I still even attempt the AT? I really do not want to have to give up doing the trail because of this guy. I am hoping I can still do it, but just be smart about it.

Thanks!