WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking near Boiling Springs, Rt 74

Does anyone know what the parking situation is like on Route 74 (York Rd.) north of Boiling Springs? How many spaces are there? How secure?

This site has never steered me.

http://appalachiantrail.rohland.org/

Thanks a lot for that. Very useful.

Journal Entries

At the west side of Children's Lake, there is a large parking lot in front of the lime kiln. The AT office in Boiling Springs should be able to assist you.

Bluebird

At the (more or less) north end of the 'Children's Lake' is the ATC office. There are a few parking spots there. Across the street from the ATC office is the US Post Office, with plenty of parking. On the west side of the the lake there is street parking. Boiling Spring knows not parking meters.

I was there last week with my granddaughter. I know the parking. I recommend Cafe 101 on the west side of the lake for coffee and ice cream.

All the wintering waterfowl had departed for places north, and the mallards, Canadas, and domestic geese had to share the lake with trout fisherfolks....

The Rt 74 lot holds maybe 6 or 8 cars. We're not aware of problems, however it is not a "secure" lot. Hikers shouldn't use the post office or Boiling Springs Tavern's lots (at their requests). Hikers should use the lot at the opposite end of the lake from the ATC office.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup01 View Post
    At the west side of Children's Lake, there is a large parking lot in front of the lime kiln. The AT office in Boiling Springs should be able to assist you.
    You have to get a pass to park at the Kiln. The ATC office has them and will send you one by mail. Return the pass to the office when you're done, there's a drop box by the door.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

++ New Posts ++