WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default alcohol by the oz on the way to springer from airport

I'm flying into atlanta on easter Sunday and then getting a ride directly to the trailhead. I need about 3 oz of fuel for the first few days. Anywhere on the way to amicola falls sp that I can get it, or do I need to by a whole bottle of heat. Not sure what to do with what ever is left over. I'm told I should go thru dahlonega to get to the trailhead. Is that correct. Map quest brings me thru dawsonville. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pbprider View Post
    I'm flying into atlanta on easter Sunday and then getting a ride directly to the trailhead. I need about 3 oz of fuel for the first few days. Anywhere on the way to amicola falls sp that I can get it, or do I need to by a whole bottle of heat. Not sure what to do with what ever is left over. I'm told I should go thru dahlonega to get to the trailhead. Is that correct. Map quest brings me thru dawsonville. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    A lot of the shuttle providers sell it by the oz.
    Or, just have your ride stop at gas station and get HEET. Pour the rest in their gas tank if you dont want it.

Images

MuddyWaters beat me to it.

Yellow bottle of HEET, not red bottle in case you're not aware.

I've found off brand fuel de-icers also work and they seem to use the same color scheme for their bottles. HEET is the sure thing for purity.
    Last edited by Lyle; 03-30-2015 at 09:28.

Images

Yeah, any gas station or convenience store.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Thanks, I'm stressen about the little stuff right now. Just need to get walking and let it all fall into place.Thanks again

GA-ME 2011
    Images

It happens. Once you start you end up just going with the flow. The trail always provides.

By the way Survivor Dave shuttled me to the trail and he sells alcohol for 25 cents an ounce. (Also all other types of fuel)
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

If you are catching a ride with an experienced shuttle service at a flat rate, let them pick the route and free your mind for other worries. Personally, I'd go through Dawsonville. I can't really see an advantage to going through Dahlonega. I'm local, and have been through both towns, so I'm not just reading off the map, but sounds like Mapquest is treating you right. That being said, it's not a huge difference either way.

++ New Posts ++