WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The male:female ratio is pretty high on the trail. I think that it is fine to be looking but mindful of the fact that many women don't want the attention and feel somewhat vulnerable out there. So while I'm sure people meet on the trail, best to just let it happen rather than seek anything out IMHO.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

BTW Ben, if you were to stop looking and just let it happen I suspect that it would be more fulfilling when it does fall into place.

Images

this is "Meet Up", not "Hook Up" Say when you're going, where you are going and invite others to join you. If you are waiting to find somebody before you go, then you are probably not ready for long distance hiking.
    Last edited by kayak karl; 03-30-2015 at 17:49.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Images

On the trail, pink blazing, while not uncommon, is often unwelcome and tends to be frowned upon. The same pretty much holds true here.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Registered User BenOnAdventures's Avatar
    Images

If you're trying to say I'm a troll you're completely wrong. Check me out, I'm for real on all of this stuff. Look at my blog: https://benisanadventurer.wordpress.com/

Images

Like I said, I'm new to this whole thing. How do you say I'm not ready? Do you know me personally, do you know anything about me, no you do not so stop being so disrespectful and get out of here with your negativity.

Images

Thanks friend, you're more positive or sensible than most people on here.

Images

Thank you for the advice and I appreciate that you're positive and sensible.

Images

I will reiterate what others have already said.

Don't wait for someone else. Live your life, chase your adventures and do all the things you want to do. Maybe you will find someone along the way. Maybe not, but at least your doing it.

oh wow, I didn't think you were real before, but since you have a cheesy website that looks just like the one my 85 year old gma post pictures of her cats to, you must be ONE cool dude!!!!

This isn't a dating site.

Try Match.com or one of the other countless dating sites.......

I Know if I was a girl I would be ALL over this, pathetic 21 year old , to scared to go alone, seeks female to hold his hand and tell him its "its going to be ok"

MAN THE F UP,GROW A PAIR.... GO HIKE AND YOU WILL MEET SOMEONE!!!!

TROLLING WB FOR CHICKS IS PATHETIC.

Another way to spell it out, here's some suggestions for your help wanted ad.

NSA Hiking-partner-friend with benefits desired. Looking for an "earthy woman" who can cook meals at the end of each day, and do laundry in town while I go hit the bars. Please PM your qualifications and photos, and a financial profile addressing how you will be able to support both of us on the trail. Also periodically required to carry both our packs on hot days or tough uphills. Candidates must pass a mental and physical qualifications screening process. Submit your WB Form PB-1 (Pink-Blaze-1) to me by private msg. I'm really not a stalker, psycho, or chauvinist pig, I'm actually a swell guy! }

Second the suggestion of Meetup.

Ben, welcome and enjoy your travels!

Images

Let's be nice! Perhaps Ben was a bit misguided but that is no reason to rake him over the coals.

Ben, go hike one of the long trails. You first need to find out if these grand plans are as good in reality as they are in your dreams. Once that's checked off then you may meet someone that wants to continue the vagabond life. I can tell you with all certainty that any woman that knows enough about themselves that they are ready to spend multiple years on trail would laugh at you deciding to do this with no apparent long distance hiking experience. Good luck.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

What Malto said.

Plus, you are suppose to be a bit passionate and idealistic, if perhaps naive, at 21. I am saying this with no sarcasm. That was me 20 yrs ago. I am sure that that was the case for many of us as well.

Ben, I will say have fun on the trails!

I will also say some, not all, of the remarks were gentle ribbing and should not be taken too seriously.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Journal Entries

Ben some young men & women your age are either in or leading Platoons through various hell holes around the world. Others are traveling the world or finishing an under-grad degree, Notice most all are doing. So don't wait go !!!!The right Young Lady will be there when you are.

Hey ladies on the internet who wants to be alone in the woods with me for several years? Yeah I am shocked you did not get a better response, to your not creepy at all, and totally misplaced personal add.

If you really want to land a smokin' hot hiker chick the only way to do it is on trail (just ask my girlfriend), but one has to be careful not to come off as some creepy pink blazing making unwanted advances, which I question your ability to do given this post.

Lastly if you are doing this on the AT, you want to get a SOBO Girl, they are hotter, tougher, lower maintnence (cause of hiker feeds and such) and less disease ridden (NOBOvirus and such).

Seriously dude, just go hike, you'll meet someone. Oh yeah, bring money and a strong back, and some deodorent...them nomadic mountain mamas can be a little ripe. Have a good hike .

What is the most popular trail for twenty something females? Guessing the AT. Plan a thru there and definitely go to Trail Days. Look into a outdoor club at college.

People are not negative here....maybe cranky, crotchety, sarcastic or JEALOUS

Good Luck

Journal Entries

Lots of nice sweaty chicks out there.......enjoy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++