WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User BenOnAdventures's Avatar
    Images

Post I'm a 21 year old guy looking for a female adventure partner! This is my first post!

Hey, I'm Ben, a 21 year old guy looking for a female adventure partner! I want to find someone who likes to explore all the time and always has adventure on their mind! I'm looking for someone who would just leave 'normal life' and go exploring all the time! Some big trails I aspire to do once I get a partner are: Appalachian Trail, American Discovery Trail, Continental Divide Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Eastern Continental Trail and more! I love the big, extended adventures! Some other things about me are: I'm down to earth, very respectful to women, very knowledgeable of outdoors and survival stuff, faithful, talkative, open minded, straight forward, have a big heart and much more. So if all of this sounds good, I really hope to hear from you soon!!

-Ben

Good luck... really sounds good if you can find someone to partner up with. Better yet if she had money to support the both of you while traveling the US. That would really be nice.

You might want to include a photo.....of your gear.
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

A lot of growing up to do!

68 year old male seeking 18 year old female hiking partner . . . don't tell my wife.

Dream big and work hard the rest will fall into place.

Just hike the PCT or AT, good chance you will find like minded women.

In 1969 Robbie Robertson of The Band was looking for the same woman in "Up on Cripple Creek"

Images

People are so negative on here, is it too hard to view things positively and do something you enjoy, move around , live almost nomadically and just enjoy life? People are too negative nowadays.

Don't be so thin skinned. You call it negative, I see a few people poking fun.

good luck you never know you might find that one your looking for to spend your life with hiking ....# 5 had to laugh on that one tho let us know if you find that one..

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Jones View Post
    Don't be so thin skinned. You call it negative, I see a few people poking fun.
    Well I didn't know. I'm not being thin skinned just had a different view than you.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BenOnAdventures View Post
    People are so negative on here, is it too hard to view things positively and do something you enjoy, move around , live almost nomadically and just enjoy life? People are too negative nowadays.
    Honestly, Ben, you come on WB and say you're looking for a girl? Regardless of your intentions, that's an almost irresistible topic to start playing around with. Besides, you never know when some troll will start a thread just to amuse him/herself with the comments. WB is a good place. Stick around, and you'll see that.
    And

You should investigate "Up on Cripple Creek".....

Images

Thanks for all the comments. Its great hearing from you all on my first post

Quote Originally Posted by swjohnsey View Post
    68 year old male seeking 18 year old female hiking partner . . . don't tell my wife.
    She already knows!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottTrip View Post
    Just hike the PCT or AT, good chance you will find like minded women.
    Ding-ding-ding!

If you wait for someone else to come along, you might never make the adventure. Go to where the like-minded people are and make friends there. Good luck, Ben. "Get busy living or bet busy dying."

(and LOL @ mtntopper)

You will have to do these things alone and solo if you are really serious about doing them. Otherwise, how long are you willing to wait for someone to join you in your grand nomadic adventure? You could be using such a search as a delaying mechanism to avoid going out alone and enjoying life. Are you too timid to start the adventure alone?

In addition, remember every other person has their own agenda and their own intricately constructed ego which you must live with and deal with. And so many men including backpackers are in part pursuing their interests in the hopes of meeting a partner---it's the thrill of the hunt so boringly predictable and so obvious. It's one part loneliness and one part lust---and while obvious it's still impossible to conquer or placate these two motivators in any satisfactory way unless they are fulfilled.

END OF MY DR PHIL MOMENT.

Now, grab your gear and carry 40 lbs of food and pull a 3 week solo wilderness trip.

Actually, their just being realistic. At the moment your just expressing a fantasy. Nothing wrong with that, but it has to be based in reality. There have been and are people who can pull off a life style like the one your dreaming of, but it takes resources and skills which we don't know if you have or not. It's a pretty good bet at the moment you don't. Once you do you'll find the woman your looking for along the way.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

http://www.meetup.com/toledoadventurers/ - would be a good place to start.
    They also have a FB extension to help plan things, post photos, https://www.facebook.com/groups/toledotrailtour/
    Last edited by couscous; 03-30-2015 at 15:54.
    Backpacking light, feels so right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++