WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Upper Goose Pond 2015 Schedule

We'll be opening the Cabin on May 16th and closing on October 18th. We'll also be replacing the roof May 23 thru June 2nd. We plan to have the Cabin open during that time. PM me if you would like more info.

Cosmo

Images

May 16th thru October 18th....is that 7 days a week (even in the spring and fall)??
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    May 16th thru October 18th....is that 7 days a week (even in the spring and fall)??
    Yup, we have caretaker coverage for the whole time. We used to taper off onto weekends only early and late but we've got enough volunteer interest to go full time. On rare occasions, a Caretaker may have an unexpected schedule problem, but we have local folks who can usually step in.

Cosmo

OK, we're open for business. Great day at the Cabin, minimal blackflies. Roof repairs start in a week,or so, but we'll be open.

Cosmo

Can you tell us what weeks Bonnie & Rob, or Laura, Greta & Eleanor will be hosting?
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Can you tell us what weeks Bonnie & Rob, or Laura, Greta & Eleanor will be hosting?
    Hi guys,
    Please PM me and I'll let you know. Rather not have the world know when they won't be at home...

Cosmo

13-45 Section Hiker Trash
    Images

I stayed here on 9/11/15, and had a blast. I hadn't read about this cabin beforehand, and thought that it was a "cabin" in the vein of Jerry's Cabin in NC (i.e. basically just a shelter). At any rate, I walked to the cabin from the Mt. Wilcox north shelter spending the afternoon walking in the rain, and the cabin was a sight for sore eyes. The caretaker Kevin was awesome as were his buddies that were helping him out with everything. I got to hang with those guys that night, and they fed my buddy and I well. Chicken nachos and all kinds of other snacks in the evening, and blue berry pancakes with sausage the next morning. It was the best "shelter" night I've had on the trail by a decent margin.
    AT: 2007-2019 (45 sections)
    JMT: 2013

Just an update. We've pretty much finished the roof. Things should be a lot quieter and cleaner for the rest of the season. Next spring we'll work on replacing the porch floor. We've had record numbers of visitors (again) this year. I'll post the final numbers sometime after we close on October 18.

Cosmo

Cosmo:
    Do you have any idea on dates for 2016? I realize it's really early, but plan to start at north Adams, SOBO in may next year and after hearing about Upper Goose definitely want to stop. I'll adjust my start to match your open date. Please advise either when you'll open or when you'll post that date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Either the 14th or 21st of May.

We'll deci by Feb. You can also camp at the tent platforms (or on the porch) anytime.

Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by Viper2016 View Post
    Cosmo:
    Do you have any idea on dates for 2016? I realize it's really early, but plan to start at north Adams, SOBO in may next year and after hearing about Upper Goose definitely want to stop. I'll adjust my start to match your open date. Please advise either when you'll open or when you'll post that date.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Either the 14th or 21st of May.

We'll deci by Feb. You can also camp at the tent platforms (or on the porch) anytime.

Cosmo
    Yes....but the pancakes and coffee are one of the main attractions !!!!
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Sounds like you speak from experience

++ New Posts ++