Default End of the Florida Trail for the season

There still seems to be plenty of rain, and likely flooding, and the temperatures are rising. I'm sure I'll continue to hike locally.

This year was a little disappointing as far as mileage goes. I only hiked 187 Florida Trail miles. I still have approximately 198 miles left to the southern terminus and then I can go to the northern terminus and work my way home about 300 miles. The hard part now is the packing and driving. Most trips are now 3-4 days to minimize the number of times I have to make the drive. The northern terminus is only about 3 hours away by car so those miles can be done as day trips, although an overnight trip is not out of the question.

The highlights this year include meeting a bear in the Ocala National Forest and almost tripping over a large alligator in the Bull Creek WMA.

I only got in 115 miles this winter. I have hiked from Oasis Center to the northern end of Osceola National Forest. Then I have a gap from the Suwannee River to the edge of St Marks Wildlife Refuge. The 115 I hiked this winter was through St Marks an Apalachicola National Forest. That leaves me with about 400 miles to go. I sure hope it is drier next winter.
    You are never too old.

BTW, I spent last winter at Alligator Point near Panacea. Going back to the same place next year.
    You are never too old.

I'm only an hour or so away from Alligator Point.

Images

I got Navarre to Ft Pickens and Ala border to Herold Store.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

++ New Posts ++