WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Fuel Canister Re-Supply Question / Update from 2011

I've read the post below regarding fuel canister resupply; however, this was dated 2011. Is it still accurate?

Q: Where are canisters available along the AT?

While not as readily available as alcohol, with a bit of planning you should not have to worry about fuel availability. The following is a list of crossings which our members claim carries canister fuel.

Any “real” outfitter will carry canister fuel. Call ahead if you are not sure.

Yes: Walasi-Yi, NOC, Hot Springs, Erwin (I think Uncle Johnny has them), Damascus, Pearisburg, Daleville (near Troutville), Waynesboro, Williamstown, Harpers Ferry, Front Royal, Port Clinton, Pawling, Cornwall Bridge, Great Barrington, Kent, Manchester Center, Hanover, Pinkham Notch, Gorham, Caratunk, Monson

Maybe (?): I'm pretty sure Delaware Water Gap has canisters.

No: Duncannon, Boiling Springs, Unionville, Salisbury

Journal Entries

Duncannon had them, I'm pretty sure Boiling Springs had it too as IIRC I was at Boiling Springs wondering if I needed one, and pretty sure I could get one, but decided to call ahead to the Doyal in Duncannon to confirm that they have them, which they did and did stock. So I ended up hiking from Boiling Springs to the Doyal and got it there instead.

Check hiker boxes in town, it used to be that folks would ditch half full cans when they resupplied

Images

Edge of the Woods Outfitters in DWG told me via email that they stock canisters.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Images

To add to the list: Green Mountain General Store (mile marker 1110.5) has plenty in stock as of today.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

++ New Posts ++