WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Seeking Trail Companion/s and Advice

I'm planning a summer hike and my current status is Solo. I've hiked, camped and played in my home state of WA in both the Cascade and Olympic Mts. The past year I have been traveling the states by Thumb, Train, and Bus from city to city. I'm ready to get off the concrete and into Nature.
    I want to start in NC and head North for a month or two. I'm hoping to hit the trail by mid May beginning of June. Stay out June, July and maybe part of August. Depends on how far I get or if I find some where I want to take a couple zero days and who I meet on the way. PM me if you're interested and wanna talk some more.

Questions...
    Essential items a solo hiker should bring for the NC, TN, V area of the trail? Water, Protection, etc.

Suggestions or advice on sleeping in a hammock?

State Law and requirements to fish along the way?

General Advice, Tips, People to see, Places to go?

Thank You all for checking my post. Its my first, well second my first i deleted cause the original was posted in 2010. Lesson learned. If you're interested in chatting maybe meeting up PM me and we can share Facebook info. Peace and safe travels to all.
    Oi​Trekker

I'm not sure what section of the trail you are currently on, but I will be heading NoBo from the Salem/Roanoke, VA area (VA620)-mile 694.1 between July 30 and Aug 1, 2015.
    **Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.**

++ New Posts ++