Default Missed My Start Date, Where Am I Allowed to Start?

So I originally applied for a permit to start at the southern terminus on April 10. I am going to be starting grad school this fall, and ended up unexpectedly flying out to visit a school about a week ago after being put on the wait list. Because of that, I missed my start date and I am now planning to head out on the PCT on May 1.

After reading the PCTA long distance permit FAQ page:

http://www.pcta.org/discover-the-tra...ce-permit-faq/

It sounds like there is a checkpoint at mile 14 that will have volunteers checking permits for the proper start date and location with "access to law enforcement". My question is, where am I supposed to start, seeing as my start date has already passed? I sent a message to the PCTA asking this question last week, but never got a response. Does anyone know?

Call PCTA @
    916-285-1846 or just get a permit for the next available date which is May 7. May 1 is full up.

Get on the trail at the point you might have gotten to, had you started on the 10th?
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Please call the phone number Donde posted above (916-285-1846) and either get your start date changed or ask to determine where you should start - do not apply for another (second) permit.
    There is no set "checkpoint", the 14 mile reference is when you first cross into Cleveland NF (actual mileage = 13.8 from the border) - there are two USFS "crest runners" hiking the trail in Section A (0-109.5 miles) "monitoring" trail usage & encouraging LNT... I don't believe there is any "enforcement" of the quota system as yet since it is the first year of it being established.

Have a great hike when you finally hit the trail!

Unbelievable.

Get on the trail where you see fit and have a great hike. There is no retribution what-so-ever.

If you are accosted by anyone other than the authorities anywhere along the trail, ie, volunteers, ignore them if you choose. If you are approached by enforcement or rangers, work politely with them. Other than that, welcome to America!

-postholer

Images

just do watever u wanna!!! hell, i don't even wipe!

welcome to freedom.

++ New Posts ++