WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Debuting a new film about the Appalachian Trail: screenings across the Southeast

Hello, Whiteblaze community,

For most of the past year my wife (Sunshine) and I (Frost) have been working on a new documentary film about the AT. Many of you have seen our online video series created during my thru-hike (www.theATmovie.com), and some of you have supported us in the production of this film. Now we have finished the movie, and we are preparing to release it and share it with the public. We have a series of screenings scheduled for the weeks and months ahead before the movie will come out on DVD and digital download. We wanted to let you know about these events in case there is one in your area that you would like to attend. Below is the latest list of opportunities to see our film, "The Long Start to the Journey," and here is a link to our facebook page which you can like if you want to stay up-to-date on news and future screenings of the movie: https://www.facebook.com/thelongstart.

Thanks much!
    - Frost

- Winston Salem, North Carolina: This Thursday and Friday (23rd & 24th) the film will be showing a the River Run Film Festival. Sunshine and I will be at both screenings, and we're looking forward to seeing some of our supporters there. Here's a link to more information about the screenings and to purchase tickets: http://riverrunfilm.com/events/the-l...o-the-journey/

- Charlotte North Carolina: Next Monday the 27th the Venture outdoors program of UNC Charlotte is hosting a free screening of the film at the UNCC campus theater. Here is a link to more info on that screening: https://www.facebook.com/thelongstar...33410080073129. If you live near Charlotte, please spread the word and help us fill the house for this free event.

- Damascus, Virginia (Trail Days!): Our partner Osprey Packs is hosting a free screening of the film at the Rock School on Friday evening the 15th during Trail Days (show time is 9PM). Admission will be limited; so if you're at Trail Days come by the Osprey Tent (near tent city) on Thursday or Friday to claim your ticket to the screening. Also, we will be raffling off an Osprey Exos backpack (a fantastic, ultralight pack) to raise support for the ATC. Buy your raffle tickets at the Osprey tent or at Mt. Rogers outfitters in town.

- Asheville, North Carolina: At the end of May we'll be hosting another screening of the film in Asheville in partnership with the ATC. It's happening Saturday, May 30th at the Asheville Community Theater at 7:30PM. The event will be in part a celebration of the ATC's 90th anniversary, and we're planning a couple of cool things to make that birthday special. Stay tuned to our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thelongstart) for details about that screening and how to buy tickets.

- Pine Grove Furnace, Pennsylvania: Sunday July 5th the film will show at the Appalachian Trail Museum (near the halfway point of the trail) as part of their Sunday program series. The screening is free admission, though donations are welcomed to help the Museum run their programs. This will be our first public screening happening anywhere near the Northeast; so we hope that helps some of ya'll up north who want to see it.

Aww.... keep going north Great AMC club support in Bethlehem, and lots of venues. (See locations of ssff.org)

Saw a near final cut of this at ALDHA last fall. One of the best AT movies out there.

Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by teefal View Post
    Aww.... keep going north Great AMC club support in Bethlehem, and lots of venues. (See locations of ssff.org)

I just watched some of your videos -- I felt like I was on the trail in 2013 again -- excellent cinematography! I hope your showings go well.
    AT 2000 miler: 2011-2014 (via section hikes)
    Camino de Santiago -- April/May 2016 (Camino Frances from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela)
    CDT New Mexico sections next???

I am assuming you will post here when this is available for purchase on DVD? I watched the trailer and it looks very well put together.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

The movie is available through their website. Cost on CD is $18 plus shipping.
    Anyone out there seen it?
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    The movie is available through their website. Cost on CD is $18 plus shipping.
    Anyone out there seen it?
    I have seen it and very much enjoyed it.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Journal Entries
    Images

Saw the near final cut also, and thought it was beyond excellent.

I hope this one finds a wider audience somehow.

Saw the draft at ALDHA last fall, just ordered the DVD. Best AT movie ever, with apologies to Redford and Nolte and Emma Thompson.

++ New Posts ++