WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Parking in DWG

Default Parking in DWG

can someone recommend a safe place to park a vehicle in DWG. At present I am planning a section hike that will probably take a little over a week. I don't mind paying for the peace of mind to know my vehicle is still going to be there when I get back.

Sorry about the double post. Although I have been lurking for a long time,, i've not posted very much

Sorry about the double post. Although I have been lurking for a long time,, i've not posted very much

Journal Entries
    Images

Don't leave snacks in the back seat. BTDT. Not good.

I don't think there's really a safe spot. I've hiked and even backpacked 1 night before. Thank goodness, no problems. A friend parked and upon returning an hour and a half later, over $3g in damages from people who wanted the airbags. Police report filed and they say unfortunately, it does happen and there's nothing they can do about it. Sorry for info that's not positive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have better luck a little further in. There's a very remote spot near Delps Spring, tho don't know rules on longterm parking. Most of the other spots in PA are roadside, so troublesome.

Consider making a deal with a business owner or homeowner in Delaware Water Gap, PA. The extra mile or so across the bridge to the trailhead off I-80 W isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bobp View Post
    Consider making a deal with a business owner or homeowner in Delaware Water Gap, PA. The extra mile or so across the bridge to the trailhead off I-80 W isn't bad.
    Excellent idea!

I've parked on Millbrook Rd right where the AT crosses it without a problem for several nights. You can turn onto it off of Rt 94 in Blairstown. Head south to Catfish pond & Interstate 80 or go north towards High Point.

I called the PA Welcome Center and talked to a lady that suggested I park at the Martz commuter lot. She did not, however, know what the daily rates were. Anybody know?

Charlie D- I parked across the street from the Edge-of-Woods Outfitter & used them to shuttle me to my starting point. No problem with parking at all. Busy street.

Thanks Shipfixer,,,, That's the help I was looking for. I'll give them a call.

++ New Posts ++