WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default "The Bivvi" in Breckenridge

Thinking of taking a few days off to enjoy the Breckenridge area while on a thruhike. The Bivvi looks like a nice inexpensive place to rest. I would appreciate any input on this hostel from those familiar with it.

Thanks

King of the world, in training.

I have stayed in this place a couple of times last year. It is much less like a hostel than a friends house that cooks you a great breakfast in the morning. I absolutely love this place. There are normally cool people staying there and you are a quick walk down into town for a beer or dinner. I have stayed in my share of hostels and this is by far the greatest one I have experienced. There is a spa and a fire pit outside on the deck with a great view of the 10 mile range. The only thing about this place that is not absolutely perfect is that they don't have public laundry facilities. You'll have to figure something out in order to wash your clothes if you're on a thru. Also, you'll have to walk down into town to get on the bus, as the summit express does not stop in front of the hostel. Of course, if you have walked all the way from Waterton (or Indian Creek as may be the case this year) that 1 mile walk should not be an issue in the least.

++ New Posts ++