WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana New Eco-Comedy About Hiking Given Thumbs Up by AT Queen Jennifer Pharr Davis

Hey everyone, Blue River Press has just released a comedy about hiking called Nature's Housekeeper by Michael Gurnow.

Jennifer Pharr Davis, queen of the AT and author of Becoming Odyssa, called it "a laugh-out-loud, page-turning memoir" and Chris Townsend, our gear-advising god and savior, said it was "outrageously funny yet intellectually profound."

Survivorman Les Stroud was purportedly "laughing [his] survival a** off" while reading it and none other than Mr. Daniel Quinn, the pen behind Ishmael and The Story of B, dubbed it "a wild and hilarious masterpiece," who has also placed it on his suggested reading list.

It has an introduction by the Aldo Leopold Foundation and the afterword was written by 10K+ miler Lawton Grinter, author of I Hike.

But aside from giving everyone a head's up that there's a new book about hiking on the horizon, I'm posting to tell everyone that the publisher is giving away 20 copies through Goodreads.

In case anyone's interested, here's the YouTube book trailer:

Journal Entries

I watched the trailer. Not funny. Need an excerpt from the book to judge whether it's funny or not. The trailer is just boring and dumb. Sorry, but it is.

CDT - 2013, PCT - 2009, AT - 1300 miles done burger's Avatar

Hmm. So the book is by Michael Gurnow, and your username is mgurnow? Coincidence?

If you're the author, just say so instead of trying to sound like some disinterested third party (who happens to have heard a bunch of laudatory quotes about the book).

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    I watched the trailer. Not funny. Need an excerpt from the book to judge whether it's funny or not. The trailer is just boring and dumb. Sorry, but it is.
    Click on the hyperlinked book title, Amazon offers a preview. There are also excerpts on the author's facebook page: facebook.com/michaelgurnow

LOL. The author is my boy, I'm just his proud father. Sorry for the confusion: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-gurnow/61/8b3/276

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Hmm. So the book is by Michael Gurnow, and your username is mgurnow? Coincidence?

If you're the author, just say so instead of trying to sound like some disinterested third party (who happens to have heard a bunch of laudatory quotes about the book).
    LOL. The author is my boy, I'm just his proud father. Sorry for the confusion: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-gurnow/61/8b3/276

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mgurnow View Post
    Click on the hyperlinked book title, Amazon offers a preview. There are also excerpts on the author's facebook page: facebook.com/michaelgurnow
    That's a little better, but still no text from the body of the book. The preview goes through the acknowledgements, note to reader, introduction, and preface, which are the usual mundane stuff, but are written in an intelligent and humorous way - in other words, witty. I like witty.

I hope your book sales goes well.

Got to love a proud father - and an endorsement by JPD goes a long way in my book (pun intended). How about posting a funny excerpt here on WB?

Like I said, I'm just the author's father, so I don't have permission to post a sample. However, there are excerpts on his Facebook page (with pictures!): Facebook.com/MichaelGurnow

Here you go! Excerpts from Nature's Housekeeper: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6500159&type=1

++ New Posts ++