WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Stolen Hyperlite Tents At Tent City

2 Hyperlite Mountain Gear Carbon Fiber Tents were stolen last night at tent city. One was a white Echo 2 and the other a green 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 tarp. If you have any info please call 818-437-1420 immediately....

Journal Entries

What is Tent City? Is this part of Trail Days?

Someone is out of lot of bucks. They are pricey. I picked up an overrun of a special forces order from them and the discounted price was more than lot of other high end tent prices at retail. My Echo 2 is desert storm camo so I am not worried about someone getting confused.

the powers that be allowed folks to set up their tents last nite but not sleep in them til tonite. i blame town officials for that dumb move. there are a lot of thieves on the trail and in damascus this year. lots of arrests already too. gonna be a wild weekend

Images

Wow, seriously? That's a pretty dumb idea.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    the powers that be allowed folks to set up their tents last nite but not sleep in them til tonite. i blame town officials for that dumb move. there are a lot of thieves on the trail and in damascus this year. lots of arrests already too. gonna be a wild weekend
    yes, that's a dumb decision, I hate 2nd guessing folks but I would not have setup my tent there under those rules.... that said, like I said before, if you want to exprience spring break on the AT, go to Trail Days.....same kinds of problems here at PC Beach during Spring Break....drugs, robbery, theft, etc. Too many low-lifes in the world these days, even at Trail Days.

Images

Were these the property of Hyperlite Mountain Gear? Just wondering as the phone number you gave was theirs. Display tents?
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

I believe these were not stolen from tent city but demo models from their booth on the lawn so unrelated to sleeping in them. I think they left them all pitched last night too about $3000 of cuben unattended all night...

Journal Entries

Sort of relieved that it was not a thru hiker's tent stolen. Yes it still sucks that they were taken but thru hikers often have very little resources and ability to correct for such a thing without extreme hardship.
    Last edited by Alligator; 05-15-2015 at 11:44. Reason: Response to deleted post removed.

theft already at trail days. WOW i am so glad i don't go to trail days.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Sort of relieved that it was not a thru hiker's tent stolen. Yes it still sucks that they were taken but thru hikers often have very little resources and ability to correct for such a thing without extreme hardship.
    thru-hikers should have the resources in place to replace a stolen item if not they shouldn't be hiking.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Were these the property of Hyperlite Mountain Gear? Just wondering as the phone number you gave was theirs. Display tents?
    yep...................

Just hope the scumbags are caught and treated to justice.

Yesterday I was at the hyperlite booth and they said the thief was caught and their equipment was returned. This is my first trip to trail days and it is has been fun seeing Damascus again and making new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    thru-hikers should have the resources in place to replace a stolen item if not they shouldn't be hiking.
    Really? ???? Kinda harsh attitude. If everyone does nt have enough money to cover every unexpected event they shouldn't be hiking? HHmm

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Walkintom View Post
    Just hope the scumbags are caught and treated to justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutTree View Post
    Yesterday I was at the hyperlite booth and they said the thief was caught and their equipment was returned. This is my first trip to trail days and it is has been fun seeing Damascus again and making new friends.
    Yep I talked to the Chief and he said a young man from North Carolina was apprehended with the tents........

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry #1 View Post
    Yep I talked to the Chief and he said a young man from North Carolina was apprehended with the tents........
    Glad for the returned property. Sad for the choice of the young man. Hopefully this is not a lifestyle and hopefully it prompts a change. Not saying he won't deserve any pain that follows. Just saying I cringe over my youthful choices and the ruined life I could have had if I did not grow up.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    Just......Just shut up.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Glad for the returned property. Sad for the choice of the young man. Hopefully this is not a lifestyle and hopefully it prompts a change. Not saying he won't deserve any pain that follows. Just saying I cringe over my youthful choices and the ruined life I could have had if I did not grow up.
    Basically agreed, but I don't care if he deserves the pain or not, just that he gets what he needs to be able to grow up. I am not always certain that pain will help, actually I doubt that in it self it does at all as it is only kindness that can do that. But sometimes pain is needed to be able to receive kindness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++