WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default World Market Haul!

20150515_200310.jpg

Last summer we had a World Market open up here in town. I love their little international grocery section, especially the large number of individual and single serve packaging and at a better price than on line -- such as the 2 oz serving of shelf stable cheese from the Northwoods Cheese Co, or or 1.7 oz pack of hummus from Wild Garden. Wonding the asiles this evening there were the individual Walkers Shortbreads, various individual packs of nut butters, and 1.5 oz halva, as well as 1.5 and 3 oz summer sausages.

Tonight I found on the shelf a tin of mushroom pate to try out, and a 3.5 oz package of chorizo. I was also ecstatic to come across 2.2 oz boxes of Carr's Water Cracker! Pefrectly packaged for my lunches.

And there was this strange thing that caught my eye --
    20150515_200340.jpg 20150515_200620.jpg

It is a 1/2 oz package of baked cheese. Yeah little bits of baked cheese, of the sort of consistency that you get when the cheese drips out onto a griddle. Not bad at all, but a a little strange.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

The cheese and chorizo looks really good! For extended hikes, I like to buy bulk packs of the Walker's Shortbreads that are individually wrapped on Amazon. Those things are little energy bombs.

That mushroom pate' sounds pretty darn good, and anything with chorizo cain't be bad.

Thanks for sharing! I will have to find one the next time I head through DC or baltimore!
    Demeter's Blog

Demeter's Video Channel

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    That mushroom pate' sounds pretty darn good, and anything with chorizo cain't be bad.
    The mushroom pate was alright. For someone more vegetarian or not wanting duck or goose liver, except for anchovy all of the other ingredients are vegetables.

Stopped by World Market again --
    20150522_112923.jpg20150522_112932.jpg

A perfectly sized 3oz serving of salami.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

++ New Posts ++