WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm overly fond of my Coleman F1 ultralight stove. It's a genius design, and it boils water faster than a pocket rocket. I think it's the best backpacking stove evah! I'm also totally in love with Wigwam merino/silk comfort hiker socks. Best socks I've ever used, but I'm so paranoid that they'll change the 'recipe ' and make them cheaper and crappier, that I buy a new pair or two whenever I can. I swear I horde them like I'm expecting a zombie apocalypse.
    Double Wide is now BLUEBERRY
    Northbound (2nd Attempt) March 2017

Slip-snip folding scissors.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

my pack heck i still got packs from the mid 80's

I've become more attached to my Hyperlite Mountain Gear Windrider 3400 pack than anything else I'm carrying. Fits perfect, waterproof, huge outside pockets, everything about it is just perfect for me. A waterproof pack has been great on the AT.

Journal Entries

I'm fond of my cozy fleece vest, and my soft UA long-sleeve light gray shirt. And I'm beginning to feel warm towards my light gray Injinji socks.

You can have my girl but don't touch my hat (Lyle Lovett)

I returned to backpacking after a 12 year hiatus two years ago.
    Since coming back I have replaced everything (wow how light equipment has become).
    Well almost.
    I still have my dads P-38 that he was issued while in Korea and my plastic cup that came in my BSA mess kit.

The best purchases I have made with in the last couple of years would have to be my WM MegaLite and my GigaPower TI stove.

The gear that I made or was inexpensive and serves my purpose better than a product costing 3-4x as much.

You'd be amazed how many times this occurs with backpacking gear. For example, I personally like my $1 Lexan Spoon way more than my $12 titanium spork.

ULA (Catalyst), Leki cork lite flip lock poles, Big Agnes (previously Seed House and now Fly Creek), Therm-a-Rest Neo Air.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++