Default One week section hike - ending up in Tahoe

Hey guys -

If the stars align perfectly, it looks like I will be changing jobs in the next few weeks. I have negotiated a three week break before I start the next one. And because my kids are still in school, i was hoping to "steal" a week and hike the PCT for a week. My current job has been great, but the hours are beyond brutal and I have been doing it for six years. So basically I am looking to reset my brain. From a location perspective, I can do any stretch .... but I have a summer house in Tahoe so would love to end there, if its a nice hike.

So my question to all of you experts ..... one week for the PCT ... probably start 6/1 .... where should I go?

A little bit about myself, we have a cabin in the deep woods where we are off the grid. That is my little slice of heaven and where I take my family to recharge all of our batteries. I've hiked the Sierras for my whole life, but never done two nights back to back. I am 40 yr old male in decent shape. Which means versus all of you ... I have muscles like veal.

I know there could be permit issues, location issues, etc. I have spent the last few days doing as much research as i can ... but I figured I would ask the experts (you) and see if you can help guide me.

Thank you for any and all advice!

start at south lake tahoe and hike north to I-80 not to far from reno. Or start at the road to kennedy meadows north and hike north to south lake tahoe.

Start at Sonora Pass(hwy 108) and hike north to Donner Pass (I-80) or veer off the PCT and follow the Tahoe Rim Trail into Tahoe City.

++ New Posts ++