WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone use this stove?

I found this on EBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-Alco..._qi=RTM2067268

Anyone tried this stove? Seems like a nice stove system. Might buy one if I get some good reviews.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Not used it with that pot stand but trangia type stoves are super efficient. Do get or make a good windscreen alchy stoves don't like wind. Got my first one recently with a Swedish army mess kit is a favorite stove now
    "Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."

By Doug Larson

Yeah looks like a Trangia knock-off. Why not get the real deal? They're cheap cheap cheap.

I didn't realize it was a Trangia knock-off. I took a look at the real deal at several sites. I'll go with the original Trangia.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Images

I us the Trangia with a similar pot stand/windscreen and am kind of in love with it. The knockoff you're looking at could be just as good or better. Could also be crap but might be worth a try for twelve bucks.

I have one sitting on my table right now. I bought it off eBay for $10.25 shipped. I haven't tried it out yet because I am experimenting with the "Fancy Feast" stove as it is much lighter and hopefully just as efficient. The Alocs is a Trangia knock-off but also has a nice little handle on the simmer lid. My Alocs stove, stand and bag weighs 6.08 ounces. Without the simmer lid, it weighs 5.28 ounces. The included bags weighs .96 ounce. A fancy feast cat food can stove weighs .6 ounces. You save over 1/4 pound and not lose any functionality but also less expensive too. Not to mention the space savings too. Most people with the Alocs stove are reporting good experiences with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Singto View Post
    Most people with the Alocs stove are reporting good experiences with them.

Those that have efficient setups are reporting. People that burn an ounce or more are not going to report. Many do burn an ounce or more. Some will report lab conditions and carry much more. Take internet claims with a grain of salt. Test and be prepared... or end up eating cold food.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

I have a couple of alcohol stoves, including the Trangia. They are pretty fool proof and work fine. For some people it is all about the time to boil water, if that is your benchmark then you may not be happy with and alcohol stove. Personally, I don't really care if it take me 4 minutes or 6 and I like some of the advantages of alcohol stoves. With the trangia you can dump the pot holder and replace it with many of the multi-fuel titanium stands. Always nice to have options where you can use solid fuel cubs, wood, or alcohol.

++ New Posts ++