WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default How to get back from Katahdin to Monson if I left my car in Monson?

My wife and I are planning to hike from Monson Maine to Katahdin, but if we leave a car in Monson, how do we get back there to drive home after hiking Katahdin? Does anyone know of shuttles or taxis that run this route at a reasonable price? I don't want to book my tent-site in BSP until I figure how to get back to my car!
    Thanks for any advice--

Journal Entries

getting around in maine isnt easy.
    The AT lodge in Millinocket will shuttle you back to Monson.
    You probably need to go ahead and adjust your definition of "reasonable" though.
    This is a 145 mile round trip for someone.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-31-2015 at 23:28.

Phil at 100milewilderness.info does shuttles from Monson to BSP. He is located outside of Monson.
    More walking, less talking.

Images

All good outfitters! In addition...
    The Lakeshore House (Monson) offers free parking and they do offer shuttle service. http://thelakeshorehouse.com/at_hiker_information
    Shaw's (Monson) is under new ownership and offers parking at $1.00 per day, and provides shuttle service. http://shawslodging.com/

The shuttle prices are all about the same, though you might be able to find a way to make it less expensive if there is anyone else needing a shuttle at the same time.

Last year I parked my car at Shaw's in Monson and they shuttled me to Millinocket. I stayed at the AT Lodge and had them shuttle me to Baxter to summit Katahdin and then hike out. Then I hiked back to my car. The shuttle from Monson was $100. Parking was $1 per day. Upon arriving back at Shaw's, I spent a night and drove home. A great experience - both outfitters were excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Images

Shaws has new owners this year...and they are related to Ole Man & Navi who owns the AT Lodge in Millinocket.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Default We Can Do It!

We are a charter seaplane service located just outside the Park. If you are able to get yourself back to Abol we offer a complimentary shuttle from there to our seaplane base . From there it is only a 20 minute flight to Monson! The price would be $140/ person (so $280 for you and your wife) and you'd get to get an arial view of everything you just hiked! We could also work in a scenic trip around Katahdin if that was something you were interested in! Let us know if you are interested! You can email us at [email protected] or give us a call any day of the week 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM at (207) 723-8378.

We hope to hear from you!
    Katahdin Air

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil View Post
    My wife and I are planning to hike from Monson Maine to Katahdin, but if we leave a car in Monson, how do we get back there to drive home after hiking Katahdin? Does anyone know of shuttles or taxis that run this route at a reasonable price? I don't want to book my tent-site in BSP until I figure how to get back to my car!
    Thanks for any advice--

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Seaplanesrock View Post
    We are a charter seaplane service located just outside the Park. If you are able to get yourself back to Abol we offer a complimentary shuttle from there to our seaplane base . From there it is only a 20 minute flight to Monson! The price would be $140/ person (so $280 for you and your wife) and you'd get to get an arial view of everything you just hiked! We could also work in a scenic trip around Katahdin if that was something you were interested in! Let us know if you are interested! You can email us at [email protected] or give us a call any day of the week 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM at (207) 723-8378.

We hope to hear from you!
    Katahdin Air
    THAT sounds like fun!!
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

Thanks! It Is!!!

Images

several years ago I took the flight back with Katadhin Air to Monson. They picked us up at Abol Bridge store and we flew back to Monson Its only a couple of blocks walk from the lake where they land to shaws.I would highly recommend Katahdin Air. We flew back over the trail in the hundred mile wilderness it was a really cool experience.

++ New Posts ++