WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default VIDEO: The Long Trail - Part 1

My hiking goal in 2015 is to traverse the 273 mile Long Trail which travels the entire length of Vermont, from Massachusetts to Canada. In part 1 of my documentary I use the Pine Cobble Trail Head in Williamstown, MA as my entry point to my first step on the LT. Staying at Seth Warner shelter, night 1 proved to be a challenge with the over night lows into the mid 20's. The next day, Saturday, the plan was to hike just over 13 miles passing by the Congdon Shelter, eventually staying at Melville Nauheim Shelter, but I decided to push on and attempt to make it to Goddard Shelter(at just under 22 miles). The afternoon turned to early evening and...

The night before this adventure my wife asked me for 3 things I was apprehensive about. After much thought I shared the following with her, 1) my body holding up - I'm not getting any younger. 2) Severe weather - specifically thunderstorms. and 3) Loneliness. Follow along to see how these potential obstacles were handled.

I am a backpacking enthusiast who enjoys spending my days on the trails with friends, both old and new and my nights sleeping in my hammock under a tarp. I currently live in Syracuse, NY with my wife (Angela) and 2 girls.

Thanks for watching,

Rob

Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Love it. Keep it coming buddy. I feel like I have my own personal scout.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Good stuff! I've been a subscriber for a while.

ccartertn

Excellent video, one of the best LT videos I've seen. Brings back a lot of memories since I started my hike almost exactly a year ago. I really look forward to the future installments!
    Keep up the great work, and have a great time!
    -North Star

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Love it. Keep it coming buddy. I feel like I have my own personal scout.
    For sure you do! I have a few ideas on your resupply as well. I will get a note together for you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by ccartertn View Post
    Good stuff! I've been a subscriber for a while.

ccartertn
    Thanks for that, I appreciate the note, it means a lot.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    Excellent video, one of the best LT videos I've seen. Brings back a lot of memories since I started my hike almost exactly a year ago. I really look forward to the future installments!
    Keep up the great work, and have a great time!
    -North Star
    Thank you North Star, memories are what I am trying to capture! I am glad it sparked a few of yours. I am still working on Part 2
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

++ New Posts ++