WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana $30 Bunks at The Bivvi Hostel in Breckenridge

Hello Hikers,

I just wanted to throw out a few reminders as we gear up for another amazing summer season here at The Bivvi.

First of all I want everyone to know that we are still offering $30 bunks to all hikers and bikers passing through. Simply mention this post to our staff during check-in and we will get you all set up. Keep in mind this price also includes a FREE and delicious hot breakfast that is not to be missed before hitting the trail.

If you would like to send a resupply box to The Bivvi please send it to:
    The Bivvi 9511 Hwy 9
    PO Box 7425
    Breckenridge, CO. 80424
    Please make sure to write your name along with an approximate date of your arrival on the box. UPS seems to be the most reliable carrier in our area.

Save time to take in the view of the Ten Mile Range while soaking in the hot tub or relaxing by the outdoor fire pit (draft beer or select wine in hand of course).

***To book go to TheBivvi.com or give us a call at (970)423-6553***

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call us at (970)423-6553. We look forward to seeing all of you stunning people @TheBivvi this summer. Good luck on the trail.

Thanks,
    -The Bivvi Crew
    www.thebivvi.com

One last thing!

The Bivvi will open for the 2015 Hiking season on June 30th!

You're at the far end of town as you leave town, near or just past the gas station - correct?

Got my reservations already. Good to know about the resupply address. See you in July.
    Zman
    2013 AT Thru-hike: 3/21 to 8/19
    Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t1M/edit#gid=0

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    You're at the far end of town as you leave town, near or just past the gas station - correct?
    that would be the south side of town. Past the Conoco station.

From Denver
    Take I-70 West towards Grand Junction. Get off on exit 203, CO-9 South towards Frisco / Breckenridge. Follow CO-9 South through the town of Breckenridge. Once you pass a Conoco gas station on the south side of town, continue up the hill for approximately another 200 yards. Make a sharp right turn onto Riverside Drive and you will see The Bivvi log building in front of you (9511 Colorado 9).
    http://www.thebivvi.com/getting-here/ Go here. They even have a map!

Thanks for the invitation. You are bookmarked for future use.

Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post

Yes that is correct. If you are in town walk south past the Conoco gas station. Continue up the hill until you see River Park Drive. Turn right and follow the road to the right. You will see us right in front of you. You can also grab the Breckenridge Free Ride in town (Brown Route). It will bring you right to The Bivvi for free.

Is there a washer and dryer available for use there now? The lack of laundry facilities last year was a major flaw - the coin laundry in breckenridge was filthy, nasty and overpriced, and the few machines that worked were monopolized by employees doing commercial loads for hotels. I wasn't able to leave town until late the next day because laundry took so long.

Journal Entries

Do you have individual gear lockers?

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMan View Post
    Is there a washer and dryer available for use there now? The lack of laundry facilities last year was a major flaw - the coin laundry in breckenridge was filthy, nasty and overpriced, and the few machines that worked were monopolized by employees doing commercial loads for hotels. I wasn't able to leave town until late the next day because laundry took so long.
    Side story....my son was about 7 and we were skiing at Telluride. The instructor couldnt bring just him back to the base to pee, and he ended up peeing in his ski pants. Our condo didnt have a washer/dryer. The complex didnt have a washer/dryer. There was also no public laundry facility of any kind in telluride. W_F ???

The sink worked using handsoap, followed by hanging overnight in shower. Low humidity air does wonders.

Hikers really need access to a good dryer for drying damp sleeping bags though.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 06-10-2015 at 22:06.

there's a laundromat in telluride: https://www.facebook.com/telluridelaundromat

Hey, thx so much for the info. One last question since I didn't see any mention of it at the website and since I miss it at the Fireside where I have always stayed before when in town. Do you have a kitchen? even a minimalist one? I like cooking my own grocery store bought food using fresh ingredients when at a hostel as a change of pace to the trail foods I normally eat. THX. I'll stop in next time I'm around town.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hikeandbike5 View Post
    there's a laundromat in telluride: https://www.facebook.com/telluridelaundromat
    My son is 16 now. I suppose good things happen in 9 yrs.

Looks like they opened in 2013 according to facebook.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 06-11-2015 at 20:17.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMan View Post
    Hi LuckyMan, Im sorry but we still do not have washer and dryer for guest use. We would love to provide this to our guest but simply do not have the space. On a brighter note, however, the Breckenridge Laundry Mat is under new ownership. They have new machines and I hear from our guest that they are clean and available for use!

++ New Posts ++