WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just got back from the Delaware Water Gap. I did an afternoon 7 mile hike today and it was hot as heck! I drank 1.5 liters of water and could have drank more. Will be back next Friday for another round. I saw a giant black snake maybe 5 feet long and some cool black & blue butterflies. I was kind of hoping to see a bear so I could show him what I can do.

Images

Did a 10 mile trail run today in the heat. Tomorrow I'm strapping on the pack for a practice hike in a local park to get ready for my upcoming section hike. Then an orienteering race on Sunday.

Leaving in the morning to Hike Rockfish Gap to Crabtree Falls with my best friend, second time on the AT in a month. (It's been a good month

Trail race at the US Nat'l White Water Center, then paddling .... then beers at the "Brew Dash"...

Registered User BenOnAdventures's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    What about you?

Going to the woods?

Or just blogging?

I was swimming all weekend! It was in the upper 80s here and very humid
    Feel free to connect with me on Twitter @BenOnAdventures

Registered User BenOnAdventures's Avatar
    Images

Everyone's weekend plans sounded like they were a lot of fun! it's always awesome talking with all of you!!
    Feel free to connect with me on Twitter @BenOnAdventures

RangerZ, I have completed from where the TT starts at the northern terminus near Darlington Shelter on th AT to Spruce Pine Hollow County Park in WV. Though the first 34.5 miles from the north end I did 10 plus years ago so I wouldn't be able to offer any current advice about that area other then I know it has changed significantly and a new shelter has been added. I would defer to any posts here or on trailjournels.com from handlebar or hardcharger both of whom have hike the whole thing. From PA641 to PA456 you will find the trail passable, pay attention for blazes though, sometimes they can be few and far between. Worst section being south of Reese Hollow shelter, though I have gotten a recent trail maintenance alert that the PATC has been doing work in that area. The PATC has built some beautiful shelters along this section of trail, too. From pa 456 south to Spruce Pine Hollow Park in WV is nearly all a road walk. Combination of woods roads gravel and asphalt. If you end your hike at the end of the C&O towpath there is a nice restaurant called Buddy Lou's right off the towpath just a tenth of a mile before the end of that section. I had a nice burger there. Buddy Lou's is in Hancock MD.

That's about all I can offer. Just keep an eye open for blazes. Sometimes there on trees that have vegetation growing on them and makes them hard to see. And don't be foolish like I was and did nearly 27 miles of road walking in the humid weather.

Twilight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++