WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default more boot questions

Hey I am looking for some suggestions. My boots are dead (Timberland) they have lasted me for 7+ years and many miles but have given up the ghost. I am in the market for new ones (mids) and am hoping to find a lighter pair. Now for the catch I have narrow heels and a wider toe box. 2 of my toes are the same length as my big toe. I have tried Salewa (fit in the heals but not the front going up a size = heal slips. Salomon are too wide in fore foot. I am running out of ideas and brands. I do not want to go back to Timberlands as they are heavy and the traction is not great.
    Thanks

I have wide toe box as well. I have found that the the Keen Voyageur Mid fit me well and are very comfortable.

I bought a pair of Cabelas GTX hiking boots that I like. They have vibram soles, mesh uppers and come in mid and shoes. Still the best fitting hiking boot for my​feet. YMMV

Images

Check out some Asolo boots.
    Sleep on the ground, rise with the sun and hike with the wind....

Images

Not sure if the heel is narrow, but the toe box on my Oboz Yellowstone boots is plenty wide for my toes to have wiggle room. They fit me well, YMMV

You can get the LL Bean Crestas in a narrow.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I have wide toe box as well. I have found that the the Keen Voyageur Mid fit me well and are very comfortable.
    I'll second that...Keen Targhee or Keen whatever, big ol ' toe box and fit like a glove! Try em' on and feeeeeeeeeel the difference.....

Have you seen this?
    http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Hiking...eviews/ratings

My Vasque breeze lasted 3 years. Amazing grip. Would have probably breathed better if I didn't get the gortex liners. I have used them in 18 inches of snow, so the gortex wasn't all bad. I'd probably go without gortex though next time. Durability would have lasted longer, but I wedge them in granite cracks alot to scramble climb. You can get them on sale on amazon for around $90 (MSRP is 170)

Keen Targhee and Merrel Moab Ventilator appear to be lightest in class on this list and I've heard good things about both from friends.

++ New Posts ++