WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Found tent

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Belle View Post
    Tent, rain fly and tarp found near White Rocks on Lamb's Knoll in Maryland. Describe them and they're yours.
    So I set up our tent, go for a short day hike and a water haul. When my wife and I get back to camp and our stuff was gone.
    Why on earth would you steal our shelter?

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

half my gear used to be found stuff. I used to hike GA sobo every spring picking up stuff people intentionally left behind.

numerous water bottles, books, guidebooks, maps, hatchets, water filters, cookware, clothing, knives, etc. nalgene bottles were by far the most left item.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

wanna be hiker trash

[QUOTE=Another Kevin;1980112]Perhaps the blood tested out not to be human?

Worst trail etiquette I ever encountered was probably the teenaged kids who pitched their empty beer cans at me when I was picking up the trash at an illegal campsite in a local nature preserve. I said nothing, put their empties in the trash bag and went about my business. Maybe they thought about it later. Although I suspect that the thought was "get a load of that loser, let's give him some more trash to carry, haw haw!" Never mind. What goes around comes around.

@ Kevin
    Classy way to handle that situation. I like your style. I don't know if I could have kept my cool, and let karma take it's course, without being the purveyor of some verbal "instant karma". Kudos to you.
    “Every path but your own is the path of fate. Keep on your own track, then.” Thoreau.

Lifetime Section Hiker Berry Belle's Avatar

That's the tent! Ya want it back?
    "Are we there yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    If it's an $39 Ozark 2 person dome with 5x7 blue trap, some bungee cords and weighs in at 5+ pounds I'd leave it behind.
    That's the tent! It was lying in the middle of the trail, wrapped up in the tarp with the bungees around it. Shame on you! Come get it!
    "Are we there yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    If it's an $39 Ozark 2 person dome with 5x7 blue trap, some bungee cords and weighs in at 5+ pounds I'd leave it behind.
    That's the tent! Right in the middle of the trail, all rolled up in the tarp and fastened with the bungees. Come get it!

Looked to me like something that just got too heavy to carry one more step. They didn't even lob it into the laurels. We see abandoned items all the time. They're rarely in usable condition. This thing was so heavy that I can hardly imagine anyone not noticing it falling off their pack, but then, maybe their pack weighed 75 lb.
    "Are we there yet?"

Sorry, I didn't mean to post twice. My computer has gotten weird on me twice tonight while trying to comment in these forums. Going to give it up for now.
    "Are we there yet?"

Registered User allmebloominlife's Avatar

"Worst trail etiquette I ever encountered was probably the teenaged kids who pitched their empty beer cans at me when I was picking up the trash at an illegal campsite in a local nature preserve. I said nothing, put their empties in the trash bag and went about my business. Maybe they thought about it later. Although I suspect that the thought was "get a load of that loser, let's give him some more trash to carry, haw haw!" Never mind. What goes around comes around."

I don't know how you maintained your composure. Had I been there perhaps there would have been a "minor incident" with these punks. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++