Thread: Camp Clothes

Default Camp Clothes

In anticipation of our weeks long trip, i'm trying to figure out my clothing options. I'm feeling good about my day options, but what about at night in camp. I'm afraid that if I stay in my hiking clothes all day I'll end up with a yeast infection. My gut instinct is a light pair of cotton pajama pants and a cotton tshirt. Thoughts? Any other specific clothing things? I did a search and nothing specific came up.

Whenever asked I always say remember 2 things NO COTTON and Everthing weighs something I always have my separate sleep clothes depending on season long underwear dri fit shirt smart wool socks and dri fit shorts and Under Armour briefs I may wear them in camp I try to keep them clean and dry in my pack using a vacuum seal bag I can't comment on the yeast infection since SloTurtle is a guy. I do have a great niece who lives Salisbury So me living in OH would make us 153 rd cousins Enjoy your hike I'm heading to Roan Mt TN this Mon to do a 3 dayer

If you're prone to yeast infections, cotton is the way to go. Carry an extra pair to change into for the evening or you do have the option of silk long johns which keep you warm and are good if prone to yeast infections. You can also carry enough acidophilus for your trip as a preventative measure. Good luck

I agree with taking a pair of cotton underwear to change into 😀 Have a wonderful time. 😀

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

How about a pair of swim shorts w/ net liners? For summer camp clothes I always wear swim shorts. Weigh nothing to add to your pack, dry super fast, and most importantly they let your ...ahem...undercarriage breath.

Journal Entries

Having worked as a male nurse, the best advice I have for both men and women is to stay dry and clean. For more endowed women, this is particularly important beneath the breasts where yeast infections can be very difficult to treat. The chafing and moisture are a one two punch for skin breakdown and infections. Always wipe front to back - clean to dirty. Always treat chafing areas, regardless of where they are, promptly. DO NOT USE POWDERS THAT CONTAIN TALC. Yeast literally eat up talc.

To answer your question, wear clothes that wick away moisture efficiently. No cotton!

I bring no camp clothing. I wash up with my bandana whenever I can. No soap, just wet the bandana either with water from a bottle or in a creek. I sleep in the same clothes I hiked in. I have never had a yeast infection. I do not shave. I'm not skinny or fat. Sometimes I will bring a pair of tights for sleeping in but I'm usually too lazy to change into them unless it's super cold. I would go commando in my tights or running shorts rather than put on a different pair of underwear if I wanted to give my nethers a little air.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by namaste7 View Post
    If you're prone to yeast infections, cotton is the way to go. Carry an extra pair to change into for the evening or you do have the option of silk long johns which keep you warm and are good if prone to yeast infections. You can also carry enough acidophilus for your trip as a preventative measure. Good luck
    Acidophilus is a great idea as is the silk long johns. Also change your undies before going to bed or do not where any to give the area air. If you are really prone to yeast infections you might want to hike in loose running shorts or a skirt. Either will keep you dryer than pants. I hike in either down to about 45Fish. Keep the sugary foods down as that feeds yeast.

Quote Originally Posted by pauly_j View Post
    How about a pair of swim shorts w/ net liners? For summer camp clothes I always wear swim shorts. Weigh nothing to add to your pack, dry super fast, and most importantly they let your ... ahem...undercarriage breath.
    It is a good choice, a good advice.

Lifetime Section Hiker Berry Belle's Avatar

I change underwear daily (one pair on, one pair drying, and one in the pack) and sleep in silk long johns. I wear cheap nylon (not sapndex) underwear with a cotton panel. Keep as clean as possible.
    "Are we there yet?"

My camp clothes consists of what I like to sleep in. Some form of tshirt and unders. I usually use my rail riders ecomesh pants. Lightweight, keeps bugs off, dry fast if I need to wash them, they are stretch enough that I don't need a belt.
    It's not light weight but I also like wearing my elkommando kilt as well while In camp to, air things out.
    I hang the one set of hiking clothes and put them on wet in the morning. You will be sweating soon so it doesn't really matter.

Winter time is a whole nother animal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++