WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Sorry!

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Sorry!

My latest creation for the kids in camp. Portable SORRY! game. The cards are typed up in MS Word using grids within grids and printed on a Laserjet with cardstock. The board was created using MS Paint and printed on cardstock on color printer at Staples. The board is about 8"×8", pawns are colored paper clips. The board folds up and all fits in a zip lock for a total of 1.5oz.
    IMG_20150622_003852.jpg

Shesh, you scared me. I thought you did something terrible and was apologizing.

That's pretty awesome. It seems marketable, kind of like the AT game. Fun and lightweight. Nice job

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    That's pretty awesome. It seems marketable, kind of like the AT game. Fun and lightweight. Nice job
    Wait, the AT Game?

There was a kickstarter project to get the game into production with other card kits to come.

https://theatgame.com/

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    ... It seems marketable, ...
    Yea, I've had people on the trail say things like that when I showed them a similar styled Monopoly game I built for the kids. But legal, copyright, royalty issues keep me from even thinking about pursuing the issue...

Plus what I have now is not something ready for production. For example, what I have for a Monopoly game doesn't open up flat properly (after all, we're talking about card stock that only been reinforced with Aquaseal's 'Map Seal'). I've also go to see how this one holds up to the kids playing it without adult supervision... with the way I cut this board, it folds right where the board is narrowest. Not sure how much abuse it can take.

Cost for building this set hasn't been too much, but that's in part from what I learned building the Monopoly set. I don't recall the total cost, but I spent somewhere around $50+ trying to build the Monopoly set. That doesn't include the $10 spent to buy a real Monopoly game so that I could get the dice... specifically the new 'Speed Die'... and it really helps speed up the game... makes a typical game last more like an hour than the 3 hours to 3 days the game seemed to take playing as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar1974 View Post
    Wait, the AT Game?
    C'mon, you remember...

https://theatgame.com/

++ New Posts ++