WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Nalgene Cantene to Sawyer Filter.

I know this is possible, I saw a video with this gut you said he bought a set of tops that turned different size bottles to a standard bottle size. Someone in a different part of the forums is looking for this, and I was wondering if anyone here knows what I am talking about.

Google "Jetflow hydration". I believe they have the adapter caps of which you ask. Not guaranteed to fit perfectly; might need to tape the threads or otherwise gasket the seal.

You are probably after this
    http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/wa...-cover/product
    I use this with a 3l nalgene and connect it to the filter

Quote Originally Posted by pnkwolfe View Post
    Google "Jetflow hydration". I believe they have the adapter caps of which you ask. Not guaranteed to fit perfectly; might need to tape the threads or otherwise gasket the seal.

I just ordered one. here is a video that I watched about making it fit to the Sawyer.

I looked into Jetflow, and apparently the manifold that you screw these adaptors into is the same threads as as a Smart Water bottle, so it should screw onto a Sawyer just fine.

I've tried the set up shown in that video and I've been happy with it. Had some early issues because I cranked down on the Sawyer Squeeze too much when attaching the bag and the flow diminished. After I figured out what the problem was and adjusted the pressure, it has worked fine. I'm undecided as to whether I'll take the full system on the AT - but it's nice to fill that Cantene and let gravity do the work for you while you set up camp, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dawg View Post
    I've tried the set up shown in that video and I've been happy with it. Had some early issues because I cranked down on the Sawyer Squeeze too much when attaching the bag and the flow diminished. After I figured out what the problem was and adjusted the pressure, it has worked fine. I'm undecided as to whether I'll take the full system on the AT - but it's nice to fill that Cantene and let gravity do the work for you while you set up camp, etc.
    Actually, I plan on turning the Squeeze into a gravity filter myself. I plan to hike with a Bladder system (Got use to it in the NAG while in the Navy) and plan to get the Sawyer bite valve interchange system. That way I don't have to pull the Bladder out of the pack to fill it. I've also seen how you can hang the new Sawyer bags by punhing holes into the heat sealed corners and use some Lash-It to make a handle and just let it hang. I hope the person looking for the info on the adaptor system saw this and that it helped.

++ New Posts ++