Pinnacle Creek is the alternate name for a section of Lakeshore trail that used to run from Eagle Creek to Jenkins Ridge.
The trail was closed about a decade ago and replaced by a new trail that runs from Eagle Creek to Hazel Creek.

If you look at the current $1 Great Smoky Mountains Trail Map (i.e. NPS backcountry map), there are 5 dots of the old Pinnacle Creek Trail shown at old intersection with Jenkins Ridge trail.

Are these dots a misprint, or is there still an old portion of Pinnacle Creek that gets used (perhaps to reach a cemetery, or fishermen use to access Pinnacle Creek)?
If there is still an old portion of Pinnacle Creek that is open, how far does it go?

Using old data still found in Google Earth, I can see that the old trail simply follows the contours of a few mountain "fingers", slowly decreasing in elevation until it reaches Pinnacle Creek (where it then turns down and follows the creek to Eagle Creek). Given how the $1 Trail Maps are notoriously not to scale nor vary detailed, it's impossible to judge how far back this 'stub' shown in the $1 map of Pinnacle Creek goes.

(FYI, I don't see any portion of Pinnacle Creek Trail in the list of trails on the 900 Miler Club website. But since it's on the current trail map, I'd like to include hiking the stub when I'm in the general area later next month)