Default Softshell Pants for Very Thin Woman

I'm very petite (5'1" and 95 lbs) and I have a really hard time finding pants that fit me. I'm looking for softshell pants to wear hiking when it's cold/windy. Does anyone have recommendations for something that comes in a very small size? Or maybe an alternate creative solution I haven't thought of yet?

I like to hike in tights and nylon shorts when it's cold - down to 35 degrees or so. Tights are more forgiving when it comes to fit and to me they're more comfortable to hike in, being less restrictive around the knees than pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    I like to hike in tights and nylon shorts when it's cold - down to 35 degrees or so. Tights are more forgiving when it comes to fit and to me they're more comfortable to hike in, being less restrictive around the knees than pants.
    Thanks! That's a great suggestion. Do you have any specific tights that you would suggest for cold weather?

Quote Originally Posted by TinyLegs View Post
    Thanks! That's a great suggestion. Do you have any specific tights that you would suggest for cold weather?
    I like winter bicycling pants. They are wind resistant with an inner fleece lining.

Have you tried looking in the boys department? My son is about your height, but weighs less. It is difficult to find pants that are long enough that don't fall off him, except for elastic waist, windshell-like pull-on pants.

-FA

I didn't even think of the boys department! That's a great idea. I wear kid's sized shoes sometimes but I hadn't considered trying the boys department for pants. I'll have to give it a try!

Just FYI- if you happen to find that otherwise perfect pant but it's not an official "softshell"
    Really all they are is a brushed face fleece (flat/smooth) with a DWR. Nic wax wash-in is the easiest.

My wife has good luck at TJ maxx. She got some New Balance running pants for $20 and off sizes like your's tend to populate their racks.

If you totally bust out and need to get creative- patagonia sells kids stuff and their gear is pretty slim fit to in general. A cap 1 or 2 bottom with a wash in dwr might do it, or at least be used with a wind pant for the same effect.

++ New Posts ++