WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Cable Cove Campground - Fontana Area

Good Afternoon all,

I realize Cable Cove isn't located directly within the GSMNP, but I was unable to find a section within the forums that more closely resembled the location.

Anyways, I am planning on doing 2-3 days of camping in the Fontana area after I finish up my Deep Gap - Fontana Dam section hike in mid September and wanted to ensure there would be ample camping opportunities as my family will be driving up to join me. I'm assuming that Cable Cove is first come first serve as I haven't found any outlets to reserve a campsite. If anyone can verify the reservation requirements (if any) and can give any information as to the quality of this campground I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you!

"There is no failure except in no
    longer trying. There is no defeat
    except from within, no insurmountable
    barrier except our own inherent
    weakness of purpose." - Elbert Hubbard

Images

i used to go down to the boat ramp that's at the end of the road to go paddling on the lake and would pass the campground going in.....

i have never stayed there so i cant fully attest but here's my observations....

yeah, i believe it's first come, first serve....

i also think that a good chunk of the people that use this campground are boaters and fisherpeoples......

i also think that you may get bored at this particular campground if you dont have a boat or enjoy going out in the lake------dont think there's many other things to do in this area such as dayhikes and what not.....

other than that---its your typical forest service campground---picnic table, fire pit, pull in........

++ New Posts ++