WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Walk of Britain

Default Walk of Britain

Hello all,

Some of you know me from the forums, specifically for posting about my service dog and my adventures on the Appalachian Trail.

I wanted to let everyone know about a charity event I'm participating in. Six veterans were chosen, four British, two American, to walk over 1,000 miles through England, Scotland, and Wales, to raise awareness about the "walking wounded" of today; those service members who have come home from the war and are continually living with the visible, and invisible injuries of war.

I was one of the veterans chosen, and I'll be leaving for the UK to start our journey in a week's time.

For anyone who's interested, the organization's website is at The Walk of Britain, and for anyone who's interested in my personal journey on the walk, I'll be posting on my blog throughout the duration at my Walk of Britain Journal.

Happy Trails,
    Gilligan

Journal Entries
    Images

Good luck! Thank you for your service.
    HighLiner
    2000 Miler

Images

What a cool thing to do for a great cause. Sounds like it will be an exciting and very memorable experience also.

What an exciting opportunity! Is the pup going with you?

Safe travels, brother. This will be a memorable walk for many reasons. Thanks for taking it!

Journal Entries
    Images

Looks like a great journey on so many levels. All the best to you and your team.

Quote Originally Posted by bemental View Post
    Hello all,

Some of you know me from the forums, specifically for posting about my service dog and my adventures on the Appalachian Trail.

I wanted to let everyone know about a charity event I'm participating in. Six veterans were chosen, four British, two American, to walk over 1,000 miles through England, Scotland, and Wales, to raise awareness about the "walking wounded" of today; those service members who have come home from the war and are continually living with the visible, and invisible injuries of war.

I was one of the veterans chosen, and I'll be leaving for the UK to start our journey in a week's time.

For anyone who's interested, the organization's website is at The Walk of Britain, and for anyone who's interested in my personal journey on the walk, I'll be posting on my blog throughout the duration at my Walk of Britain Journal.

Happy Trails,
    Gilligan

Hi Gilligan,

If you are hiking the LEJOG route you will really enjoy it. I hiked it for charity in 2013 and it was wonderful adventure. The Pennine Way and Scotland were the highlights, and you will get to taste some excellent craft beers also - its the longest pub crawl in the British Isles!

I wish you and your team the very best of luck.

Walking England, Wales and Scotland is one of three things left on my priority bucket list. Have a great time!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Heading off tomorrow to linkup with the other American, flying to the U.K. later this week.

Walk begins on Friday.

++ New Posts ++