WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Salewa boots and climbing lacing

I got a pair of Salewa Hike Trainers and they are very comfortable except for one thing and that is the eyelets near the toes (on the women's they are outlined in hot pink....naturally ) ....They are right where my toes bend so they poke me at every step. it seems like most Salewa's have this "climbing lacing". Has anyone worn any shoes with this style of lacing that can tell me if this part of the shoe ever softens up? That part looks like leather so I feel like it might.

Other than this one issue, I really love the boots, but it's kind of a deal breaker. And it's hard to find reviews of the women's version online.

Thanks!

Never had that issue with any of my Salewas.

If the shoe bends and pokes you, I'd probably be looking for other options instead of hoping that it will get better.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.
    I've just been trying on tons of shoes and boots lately and nothing seems right. These felt so close I thought maybe my search could be over.

You could try playing with some lacing techniques that would avoid pulling the eyelet toward the other side of the shoe, for example run the laces through the eyelet to the next one above it before crossing over the foot. However, Walkingtom is right, the shoe won't get much better and if warranty time is at issue, it may be time to look into returning them.

Shows how different we all are. I tried Salewas and they were the worst hiking shoes I ever owned. The tight cut gave me abrasions on top of my toes. Never experienced that before.

++ New Posts ++