WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Poll: What can you ethically do to a shelter snorer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Images

Default I Looked

Just joined WB. Drifting thru the forums and saw this one. I didn't look at the date. Oh well, I had fun writing the reply anyway.
    Won't go without my Therm-A-Rest

Quote Originally Posted by LimpsAlong View Post
    Just joined WB. Drifting thru the forums and saw this one. I didn't look at the date. Oh well, I had fun writing the reply anyway.
    Cool. It was a humorus posting.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LimpsAlong View Post

to whiteblaze!

Images

I snore, and I wouldn't if I had a choice.
    If I am FORCED to stay in a shelter and anyone touches me in any way or sprays anything on me, that's assault & batter and I will use whatever force is necessary to defend myself, including inserting that water pistol where the sun don't shine on the shooter.
    I cannot believe the number of people who think it's OK to commit a battery on someone who's snoring.
    If you can't handle someone snoring, you shouldn't sleep in communal spaces. It's just that simple. Snorers have no control over snoring.

Quote Originally Posted by vamelungeon View Post
    I snore, and I wouldn't if I had a choice.
    If I am FORCED to stay in a shelter and anyone touches me in any way or sprays anything on me, that's assault & batter and I will use whatever force is necessary to defend myself, including inserting that water pistol where the sun don't shine on the shooter.
    I cannot believe the number of people who think it's OK to commit a battery on someone who's snoring.
    If you can't handle someone snoring, you shouldn't sleep in communal spaces. It's just that simple. Snorers have no control over snoring.
    Is there a chance that you are over reacting to this just a bit? i doubt very seriously that anyone would commit "assault & batter" on some one they did not know. I for one voted on the poll to throw something at the person, but that would ONLY be if I knew the guy well. As for a stranger, I think all the weapon threads on this forum would seriously detier any one from smakin' a stranger at night, unless the idea of "high velocity led" appeals to you...deep inside!

i was kinda under the impression it was joke. having a bad day?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    i was kinda under the impression it was joke. having a bad day?
    I am probably a little touchy about it since I have actually had someone hit me while I was sleeping because I was snoring. It's a lousy thing to do to someone. Some here are probably joking, some probably aren't.

I am probably a little touchy about it since I have actually had someone hit me while I was sleeping because I was snoring. It's a lousy thing to do to someone. Some here are probably joking, some probably aren't.
    I can't believe someone that knows they snore would sleep in a communal place. I don't stay in shelters so it doesent bother me. However I have stayed near shelters and heard the noise that some inconsiterate people can make. A little oatmeal sprinkled around their sleeping bag and the mice will keep them awake all night, no snoring.
    The trail is ever winding and the party moves every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool AT Breeze View Post
    I can't believe someone that knows they snore would sleep in a communal place. I don't stay in shelters so it doesent bother me. However I have stayed near shelters and heard the noise that some inconsiterate people can make. A little oatmeal sprinkled around their sleeping bag and the mice will keep them awake all night, no snoring.
    snorers are allowed to breath wherever they want, just the same as those who kick, scream, rub their face all funny and fart when they sleep. just sayin

and i don't sleep in shelters because i may (or may not) do some of the above.

i had an ex girlfried that would felate away my snoring. worked pretty well.

maybe you could try that in the shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    i had an ex girlfried that would felate away my snoring. worked pretty well.

maybe you could try that in the shelter.
    selfelate?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cool AT Breeze View Post
    I don't stay in the either. Notice I said "FORCED" to stay in one.
    Snoring isn't inconsiderate, it's involuntary.

Images

In the times where I've chosen to stay in shelters and experienced some incredible snoring I've always just tried to ignore it. I really prefer my hammock or tent anyway. I say "chosen" because it is my choice to be there or not, I don't believe in forcing my will on others when I voluntarily decide to put myself in a situation where snoring might occur.

What gets me is that in my experience (as in my observation is thus constrained by it), the people that raise a stink about people snoring are often the ones who can't pack their gear up quietly at 5:30 in the morning. The trail is a social place and that means you've got to take the bad with the good. Of course I fart a lot so ... perhaps I'm just excusing my own involuntary bodily functions
    it is strange that a man would put the pieces together as they please opposed to being content with where the pieces fall

Boy, here we go again.

It's pretty simple: If you know you have a snoring problem that is likely to disturb others, then the considerate thing to do is to avoid staying in shelters.

And if you are overly sensitive to snoring (most folks find a way to deal with it), then you'd also do well to avoid staying in shelters.

Behavior that is likely to disturb others' sleep is rude, period, but if you elect to stay in a communal shared space, then there are certain things you may well have to put up with.

When it comes to snoring in shelters, you can pretty much deal with it or sleep somewhere else. It's not that complicated.

Default Way to go Limp!

You took a dead thread and resurrected a bitter feud between the folks with deviated septum's and the ones with overly acute hearing. For the thousandth time people...can't we all just get along?!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chefjason View Post
    You took a dead thread and resurrected a bitter feud between the folks with deviated septum's and the ones with overly acute hearing. For the thousandth time people...can't we all just get along?!
    obviously not.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    shelters suck
    agreed. besides bein crammed in with lord-knows-who, you never know what's crawlin around in them....

Quote Originally Posted by wakapak View Post
    agreed. besides bein crammed in with lord-knows-who, you never know what's crawlin around in them....
    I hope you are not refering to those nasty thru-hikers! Casue if it turns out that them nasty folks sleep in those shelters, then they ALL need to be burned!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++