WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for female partner for 2016 NOBO thru hike

Hi! My name is Jordan and I'm planning on thru hiking NOBO on the AT starting around Feb 1. I'll be 20 y/o then and my parents aren't thrilled about me hiking it alone. Realistically, the only way I'll be able to go is if I hike it with someone, so I'm wondering if there's anyone out there looking for a hiking partner? I've wanted to do a thru hike of the AT since I was 12, but I'm a pretty inexperienced hiker. I'd be happy to go with someone of any experience level. I'm going to try and start out at around 10mpd or less and hopefully pick up the pace as I go. Anyone interested? Let me know!!

Don't you think Feb 1. is a little early? (just curious)

I am planning on leaving March 6th for my thru-hike. I'm 25 and also rather inexperienced. If you want to push your start date back let me know

-

nothing wrong with any start date - just be sure it is the experience you are looking for - Feb 1 is a full winter gear start ( for me a -5F sleeping set up) - other than a partner and day hiking dog walkers, you will basically be alone

2nd or 3rd week of Feb is a step down - 10F set up (for me saves 7lbs) - still a very solitary experience until the smokies

next step down would be mid March - 20F set up saves another 5lbs - by then there is so many people on the trail you will never be close to alone

I was hoping to start in early march and my planned partner unfortunately won't be able to go. It's actually a really good thing because she got a promotion at her job and her employer wants to continue working into summer. I'm kinda bummed and now I'm looking to find some other people to hike with who are committed (and super awesome). I've already done a lot of planning and have almost everything I need. I'm pretty experienced with hiking. I've taken backpacking courses and have my wilderness first aid. I'm turning 24 in November and would love to connect with some people. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Snommis1991 View Post
    I was hoping to start in early march and my planned partner unfortunately won't be able to go. It's actually a really good thing because she got a promotion at her job and her employer wants to continue working into summer. I'm kinda bummed and now I'm looking to find some other people to hike with who are committed (and super awesome). I've already done a lot of planning and have almost everything I need. I'm pretty experienced with hiking. I've taken backpacking courses and have my wilderness first aid. I'm turning 24 in November and would love to connect with some people. :]
    Pick me I'm planning to leave March 6th so it's perfect!

Hey there! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I decided to push my hike back into March, so if you guys maybe would want to go as a group leaving around March 6th, that'd be awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My best friend & I will be heading out March 12. We'd love to have you if you are willing to wait an extra week. 28 & 29 yo females with a bit of backpacking experience but looking to start out slow & steady!

Hi! Are people in this thread still looking for a group? I am planning to start mid March and would love to start with a group

I'd like to think I'm on the super awesome side & I'm also partnerless due to a job opportunity. I have plans to leave March 16th if you would like to meet up?

I'll throw my hat in this ring too. Planning to get to GA on March 14th and hit the trail March 16.

Let me throw my pack in the ring then I'm looking to hopefully leave around February 2017 or later but going north bound.
    I'm training daily and hitting the gym often to get fit for the trail. I'm easy going and plan to take videos along the way and countless photos to document my journey
    I'd happy to have company since I too am looking for a partner because my loved ones do not want me going at it alone.

++ New Posts ++