WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default SCOTT JUREK mans up, strikes a deal, and pays his fine of $ 500.00 !!

ALL is well in the world once again the AT will not have to be abolished, dismantled, moved or sold to China. We all can walk in peace again I will start out again for on another section on Friday. I can just say dagnabbit boy, thank you Scott for not starting a shootin war with the govment over this.

MILLINOCKET, Maine (AP) — A trail runner who set a speed record for completing the Appalachian Trail has agreed to pay a $500 fine for popping a bottle of Champagne atop Maine’s Mount Katahdin (kuh-TAH’-dihn).

Scott Jurek agreed Wednesday to pay the fine for drinking in public in exchange for the state dropping charges of littering and hiking in an oversize group.
    His attorney, Walter McKee, called it a “fair resolution.”
    McKee says the three charges filed by Baxter officials were intended to make an example of Jurek, an ultramarathoner from Colorado who last month completed the trail in a record time of 46 days, eight hours.
    Baxter State Park officials are worried about crowding and commercialization of the wilderness trail. McKee wasn’t in Maine for Wednesday’s court session.

if by "man up" you mean his lawyer told him "your gonna loose here, lets see what we can do" then ya, he manned up.

Glad that bit of jackasery is now over. Seemed to be a lot of unnecessary drama. I wonder if this will embolden the NPS to crack down on hikers bringing a flask on their hike. That would be a hell of a thing to enforce

How 'bout them Patriots?!!!
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Fair enough, he was drinking. The other charges were just crap filler.

How's Scott going to keep his name in the spotlight now that this is all over?

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Already have a thread about this and other Scott Jurek shenanigans.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...ke-Times/page5

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

++ New Posts ++