WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Newfound Gap Resupply

Starting my last section hike next week! I was planning on using one of the local businesses to drop off a resupply at Newfound Gap so I didn't have to go into Gatlinburg. I guess I waited too long to book and now that company is booked and can't help. Any other options that I might be missing? I will be passing through on the 23rd.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwb View Post
    Starting my last section hike next week! I was planning on using one of the local businesses to drop off a resupply at Newfound Gap so I didn't have to go into Gatlinburg. I guess I waited too long to book and now that company is booked and can't help. Any other options that I might be missing? I will be passing through on the 23rd.
    try a few others. Some of the shuttlers will probably do it. You are running short of time to mail them a resupply though, might need to drop it off. Try Jeff @ hike inn, he has done it before.

Images

hitch into town.........

or try a taxi service----either to pick you up...........or deliver package to gap...........

North of Spence Field is a campstore at Cades Cove about 5 miles down off he ridge. Or hitch to G'burg. Or just carry all the food thru.

It would be helpful if you gave more details on your section hike like: AT only? anticipated starting/ending pts, direction of travel, what you're willing to do to resupply(pay for shuttlers to drop off food, hitch/walk/taxi -3, 5,10, etc miles, etc), if you will consider mailing a resupply box to a location on or near your hike, what kind of food/diet you prefer, what it is you desired resupply scenario, how much/many food/days do you want to resupply for, etc.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    It would be helpful if you gave more details on your section hike like: AT only? anticipated starting/ending pts, direction of travel, what you're willing to do to resupply(pay for shuttlers to drop off food, hitch/walk/taxi -3, 5,10, etc miles, etc), if you will consider mailing a resupply box to a location on or near your hike, what kind of food/diet you prefer, what it is you desired resupply scenario, how much/many food/days do you want to resupply for, etc.

and how much one would be willing to pay me to drop a box off at the gap.............

Kev, always the entrepreneur seeking ways to fund that next musical venue ticket and hike.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Kev, always the entrepreneur seeking ways to fund that next musical venue ticket and hike.

hellfire---im still trying to pay off the dead fall tour of 93........

Images

Thank you for the replies. I got it sorted out. Set it up with Highland Shuttle Service. It may seem a little silly to pay to have food delivered, but it just works out best for me. I'm hiking North of Hot Springs to Springer on what might be too little time. About 2 1/2 weeks... I originally posted this feeling a little frantic after a long work day and just considering that my plan might not work out...

Quote Originally Posted by gwb View Post
    Thank you for the replies. I got it sorted out. Set it up with Highland Shuttle Service. It may seem a little silly to pay to have food delivered, but it just works out best for me. I'm hiking North of Hot Springs to Springer on what might be too little time. About 2 1/2 weeks... I originally posted this feeling a little frantic after a long work day and just considering that my plan might not work out...
    You might consider them delivering some hot food, like pizza or chicken, and definitely beer or likker while bringing you the standard hiking vittles. This will ease the high price of the food drop.

Section Hiker

You can ship a box to the NOC Outfitter in Gatlinburg, which is right on 441 as you come into town from the park. Hitch in, get your box, grab a meal, hitch back. Or NOC can probably hook you up with a shuttle too. I was really impressed with the size of the outfitter there and the gear they carry--full fledged shop.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

I am assuming that you are starting at Fontana Damn if so it only takes 5 days to hike through the park you can carry enough food to get you through the park that way you don't have to worry about a mail drop or dealing with all of Gatlinburg's BS, and if your going father than Davenport Gap you can have a mail drop at Standing Bear Farm Hostel it would be helpful to know where your starting and stopping.

++ New Posts ++