Default Looking for a female thru hiker! (nobo)

Hey everyone. My name is Kayla. I am 20 years old and I will be turning 21 this December. I plan to start my thru hike at the beginning of March at Springer in 2016. I am relatively fit and in good shape. So I plan to do at least 20 miles per day. It would be awesome if I could find another female(s) my age to hike it with me. Let me know!

Hi! I think I saw you on travbuddy too! i am leaving march 29th NoBo. Would you like to discuss hiking together if you could push it back a few weeks?

Hey there! Unfortunately I'm pretty set on early March because I want to get back before the fall semester starts. Would you consider pushing it forward a few weeks?

Hi k_marsh4, I read this post and I just had to say, please consider doing a lot less mileage in your first weeks! None of the thru-hikers I met who'd made it to the halfway point did more than 10 in the beginning. Injuries can happen when you least expect them and without a dramatic sudden impact/strain.

Hey! I'm also 20 and planning on starting around March 1st! I know my folks would feel a lot better if I started with somebody else for the first couple days!

I hope to see you all out on the trail. I'm planning to start a bit earlier. I'm finishing up graduate school in January and plan to thru hike before starting my "real job" Aug 1. I should be starting on the trail in mid February (I have not yet set a start date, but I'm planning 10-20 miles/day for the first bit, then pick it up in VA). If anyone is starting around then, I'd love to have someone to start off with. Let me know when you're starting.

Hello there ladies! I'm quitting sometime in March to start hiking, and haven't quite settled on a date yet but want to beat the crowds expected this year. I could probably stretch to early March, I have 0 deg gear- but I hate being super cold. I'm a 26 y.o. female, moderately experienced, and have most of my gear. I'm leaving a manufacturing job with a mechanical engineering degree and going out to do some soul searching. I'm prepared to go solo but would love to know some folks at the start!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Azrial View Post
    Hello there ladies! I'm quitting sometime in March to start hiking, and haven't quite settled on a date yet but want to beat the crowds expected this year. I could probably stretch to early March, I have 0 deg gear- but I hate being super cold. I'm a 26 y.o. female, moderately experienced, and have most of my gear. I'm leaving a manufacturing job with a mechanical engineering degree and going out to do some soul searching. I'm prepared to go solo but would love to know some folks at the start!
    I've lost count on the very large number of hikers starting early to "beat the crowds"....
    Sleep on the ground, rise with the sun and hike with the wind....

Yeah, considering flip flopping for that reason, but want to start by early April, when is too early to start North in damascus? Anyone planning something like that?

Hey friend, I'm about to be 22 and looking to do some nobo hiking this spring! I hiked from Springer to Blood Mountain roughly and thought I might pick back up there this spring. I haven't, however, been able to find any partners to go with. I'm about to start grad school in the fall of this year and I have a few months this spring to hike and do some soul searching.. just need someone to go with. I'd be down to start from Springer though... and hike with you for a few good months. I'm active and ready to roll, but from my previous experience, might need to start out with a little less mileage at the very beginning. I'd love to talk!

Hey! I'm 20 as well. I'm taking the Fall 2016 semester off to hike NOBO. I will not be able to start until May, though.

++ New Posts ++