WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Granite Gear Crown VC or Osprey Exos 58

Obviously topics that have been addressed before. Somewhat thinking out loud and would appreciate input.

I was carrying the Atmos AG 50. I didn't like how cramped it made the pack with the new suspension system. So I was looking for a little more room and have decided to drop a few lbs while I am at it.

I have it narrowed down to the GG and the Exos 58. I am leaning towards the GG but my concerns would be that I run on the hot side and it wouldn't breathe as well on the back as the Exos would. Exos also offers a bit more in storage options with the removable "brain" etc. Weight wise is close enough that for my needs its a wash.

Anyone ever narrow it down to these 2 before. Which way did you go and are you glad you did. Thanks for the help.

Images

+++ VC, I own 7 packs, this is my go to. . A little less comfortable than the Vapor Trail I replaced it with, but love this pack. Added 2 cuben waist pockets, done.....

Two great choices.

I wouldn't go with either without trying them on. Whichever one feels better, roll with that one. I prefer the simplistic design and layout of the crown vc, I had a blaze for sometime.

Furthermore, I wouldn't pay full retail for either of those packs. Last year EMS in my area had BRAND NEW Crown VC 60's on sale for $120. I almost bought one just cause.

The Crown VC for sure.. I've had both packs and the Crown is clearly superior.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GA-ME 2011
    Images

GG Crown VC for me.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

++ New Posts ++