WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

mainers are SO tough. it's amazing

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    If the name SkeeterPee is suggestive of something,....
    Just FYI, the term "Skeeter Pee" generally refers to a variety of homemade fermented beverage. http://skeeterpee.com/ I've never made any, but have made some close variations. It's basically a kind of homemade wine. Said to be quite tasty on a summer afternoon.

Images

I'm calling troll. Smoky Spoon, is that you? This thread is perfect payback for that deleted woman's thread whose name cannot be mentioned. Well done, I tip my cap to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    mainers are SO tough. it's amazing
    Not nearly as tough as a man that claims no part of the AT is difficult. If I were reading my posts on the cold, tough would not be the first word that would come to mind. In the case of Nequasset, stupid would be a better word. In the case of Roque Island, jumping into the Labrador Current before the sailboat hit rocks was necessary. However, my bad planning was not the point. Lack of freezing appendages was. My experience was lacking. Therefore, I sought the opinion of an expert. That expert is from Maine. He, nonetheless, is an expert. I relayed his answer.

Sorry guys. Witty pithy posts require verbose annotations. Otherwise they might seem relevant. My grapplings to relate had nothing to do with toughness or any claim to be tough. They were unpleasant ill advised experiences at best. The Polar Bear Club members are tough. I won't be joining that group.

Relaying stories of stupid things done is not bragging about toughness. However, I understand your confusion. You think only wimps use the canoe at the Kennebec. I used the canoe.
    Last edited by BirdBrain; 11-10-2015 at 11:29.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by donthaveoneyet View Post
    Just FYI, the term "Skeeter Pee" generally refers to a variety of homemade fermented beverage. http://skeeterpee.com/ I've never made any, but have made some close variations. It's basically a kind of homemade wine. Said to be quite tasty on a summer afternoon.
    Winner Winner Chicken dinner, that is what my name refers to a beverage I make/consume.

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    I'm calling troll. Smoky Spoon, is that you? This thread is perfect payback for that deleted woman's thread whose name cannot be mentioned. Well done, I tip my cap to you.
    Not a troll. Google "cold penis running" if you aren't at work and you'll get 700,000 hits. It is a common issue for runners. I am new to backpacking and wanted to see if was an issue or not. Out in the wild is no time to find out frostbite is an issue for this part of the body.
    Better to be prepared. A few people gave serious responses which was appreciated.

Images

OK Skeeterpee,

Never had a problem with that, but I am a three-season hiker. Once I get moving, everything warms up. Perhaps I have been missing out on this kind of winter fun.

I just tuck it in my wool sock...it stays warm........I seriously doubt you will have an issue with a frozen Peter! As other have said lugging a pack is alot different than running...why not try a cold weather day hike to check your peters cold weather tolerance....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Skeeter,

As part of your research, you might want to watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2qUHaNP_No

Ouch!

I still can't get by SkeeterPee asking about PeterFreeze. Reminds me of when MaxPatch asked me about "mowing the lawn".

When it comes to hiking and peter issues, there is another issue you might want to consider.

"There's a skeeter on my peter, sweet Marie
    There's another on my brother, can't you see
    There's a dozen on my cousin
    Can't you hear those bastards buzzin'
    There's a skeeter on my peter, sweet Marie"
    Last edited by BirdBrain; 11-10-2015 at 12:55.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    I still can't get by SkeeterPee asking about PeterFreeze. Reminds me of when MaxPatch asked me about "mowing the lawn".

When it comes to hiking and peter issues, there is another issue you might want to consider.

"There's a skeeter on my peter, sweet Marie
    There's another on my brother, can't you see
    There's a dozen on my cousin
    Can't you hear those bastards buzzin'
    There's a skeeter on my peter, sweet Marie"
    Hickory dickory dock,
    I really got a cold............................jock.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++