WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Need Parking for 1 week, Glasgow, VA May 7-14 2016 and shuttle for 2 to Lee Hollow VA

Hello all. I am looking for a place to park my vehicle in Glasgow, VA where I will be ending my week long hike.

My daughter and I will be hiking from LEE HOLLOW, Craig Creek Valley on VA 621. So would need a shuttle ride from Glasgow, VA t there.

Could anyone help us with information?

Much Appreciated.

Others may know more on shuttle options.

I know of at least 2 churches in Glasgow that are hiker friendly (they might all be, I'm just going with the 2 ministers that I know personally) that would let you park your vehicle there. Both of these churches are in the town proper. If you get closer to your start date and don't have a shuttle lined up, pm me and I can explore this further.

Enjoy the hike! My daughter and I have done a good part of that section together and thoroughly enjoyed it. May will be a great time of the year for this stretch.

Thank you VERY much on that info. I will follow that lead. I live in Springfield, VA and my daughter is visiting from Dallas, TX, she has a week and wanted to do that stretch. I completed my thru-hike in July of 2015. So really looking forward to seeing and doing this area again. Thanks for the help.

Thank you, for the help Pastor Bryon!!!

Much appreciated.

SLC

the week long hike is still on, and still looking for possible shuttle from Glasgow, VA to trail on VA 621 Craigs Creek area (by road it's about 53 miles one way). The hike back to Glasgow, VA on the A.T. will be around 80 for me and my daughter. Are there any people that are in the Glasgow, VA area that provide shuttles? I am more than willing to pay for the service. Just need to know who to contact and confirm dates. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclark9082 View Post
    the week long hike is still on, and still looking for possible shuttle from Glasgow, VA to trail on VA 621 Craigs Creek area (by road it's about 53 miles one way). The hike back to Glasgow, VA on the A.T. will be around 80 for me and my daughter. Are there any people that are in the Glasgow, VA area that provide shuttles? I am more than willing to pay for the service. Just need to know who to contact and confirm dates. Thanks.
    You can try Four Pines Hostel in Catawba, Three springs Hostel in Buena Vista (may be a bit north), or "Homer" from the ATC Shuttle List. I used homer for a 20 mile section in that area this winter and he was very reliable and had some great stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Studlintsean View Post
    You can try Four Pines Hostel in Catawba, Three springs Hostel in Buena Vista (may be a bit north), or "Homer" from the ATC Shuttle List. I used homer for a 20 mile section in that area this winter and he was very reliable and had some great stories.
    Thank you, excellent idea. Will contact and see what can happen.

If you don't get success from the others, lemme know and I may be able to shuttle you. Hard for me to know my schedule that far out, but by early April will know better.

++ New Posts ++