WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Len Foote Hike Inn

Does anyone know if the Hike Inn ever runs specials during the off season? I just can't bring myself to pay $170 for a bunk room and a friend said they seem to remember some lower rates during the winter, but their online reservations system doesn't reflect this.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Once or twice a year they will have a Groupon. That is the only "sale" I have seen for it.

Images

You can call them and ask. 800-581-8032 is the number I have for them. And, yes, I think they do have specials (weekday?) via the Georgia State Park system.

The Len Foote Hike Inn is a special place and well worth the money. My wife and I stayed there year before last for our anniversary. We plan to go back with the whole family.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I have stayed at Len's Hike Inn twice. I have never seen a deal.

Included in the stay are dinner with speaker and breakfast served family-style. It is rustic but nice, no TV or cell phones allowed.

It is a 5 mile hike (I think) from the Amicalola Falls parking lot. You will never be around a more skinny group of people.

The only negatives are very small rooms with bunk beds. My neighbor snored so loud, I couldn't sleep all night.

Carl

Journal Entries
    Images

They take some volunteers who assist in the kitchen for room and board.

Quote Originally Posted by cneill13 View Post

The only negatives are very small rooms with bunk beds. My neighbor snored so loud, I couldn't sleep all night.
    That's why I can't bring myself to fork out their asking price

$170 is an outrageous price for what you get. it's not like the crew has to hike up supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    $170 is an outrageous price for what you get. it's not like the crew has to hike up supplies
    I agree 100%. I've been hesitant to add my two cents for fear of sounding cheap. But that price seems way overpriced for what one gets.

just to clear it up.. is it 170$ per person per night at the Len Foote Hike Inn???? or is that per room that accommodates 2-4 people? Seems absurdly high. if it is 170 per person that's worse than the AMC!

$170 double occupancy (2 people in a room). It's around $115 for 1 person.

Quote Originally Posted by dervari View Post
    $170 double occupancy (2 people in a room). It's around $115 for 1 person.

Wonder how much it cost when it opened up in 1998? Maybe the AMC will acquire it some day, lol.

In 2002 they wanted $65 a person and I thought that was ridiculous. If I'm going to sleep in the cold I can do so in my tent.

Images

I guess if they get enough people that pay that price, on a routine basis, it's the right price.

i guess to some folks the price and the experience is worth it. i shouldn't judge

i guess to some folks the price and the experience is worth it. i shouldn't judge
    I just don't get the "experience" factor of it. You get a small room that's not much different from a nice shelter and two meals.

Will probably try it if there is a Groupon. Maybe my view would be different after experiencing it first hand. ☺

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dervari View Post
    I just don't get the "experience" factor of it. You get a small room that's not much different from a nice shelter and two meals.
    Makes me think of the cost of the "experience factor" of going to a Braves, Falcons, or Hawks game ... or even the costs of going out to an "experience" dinner and an "experience" breakfast in Atlanta.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

++ New Posts ++