WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    if i remember correctly, almost all our snowfall last year was in February. Just cuz theres no snow NOW, doesnt mean we wont get dumped on in january, february, march and april.
    The start of winter in 2014 saw significant snowfalls in New England in December that continued well into March. It was a record year. Typically we do not get significant snow in southern new england (6" or more in a single fall) until mid to late December. This year we will see 60 degrees on xmas eve, which led to my comment. Of course we will probably see snow in February and early March, though some years we don't, and elevations over 2,500 feet will probably have snow. However, the long range forecast is not promising for much snow or even below freezing temperatures through mid January into February. Bad news for snowshoers and those who prefer winter conditions over mid July conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGr View Post
    Hence the this year in the post, as the amount of snow in the north so far has been little, if any. Of course that could change any time.
    Just stating a fact. This past year was mild for the amount that it snowed in time, but not for the amount of snow that fell. There was a shorter season that dumped much of the snow in about 2 weeks. All of which was in February.

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    if i remember correctly, almost all our snowfall last year was in February. Just cuz theres no snow NOW, doesnt mean we wont get dumped on in january, february, march and april.
    You remember correctly. We didn't see any snow on the trail until the first of February.
    AT15
    OT15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++